Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Best uses for tea bags

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

Own any cast-iron pots or pans? After washing, wipe 'em out with used tea bags. The tannin in the tea will create a rust preventing layer

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn

Dry skin? Bathe in green tea! Throw a few green tea bags in the warm running water under the faucet. The antioxidants in the tea will help to rehydrate your skin.

frndlyfn

Stinky cat litter? Dry a few used tea bags, then open them and add the contents to your cat's litter box. The antibacterial properties in the tea will neutralize offensive odors.

frndlyfn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM

How about an instant facial? Apply warm, wet tea bags to your face. The tannins will tighten pores and reduce puffiness.

frndlyfn

Cooking fish or garlic? Wipe your palms with wet tea bags afterward and odors will disappear

frndlyfn

When I was a young girl, my mother would boil a pot of tea, then allow it to cool. Then she'd dip paper towels in it and lay it over my painfully sunburned skin. The tannins in the tea cool the burning and promote healing.

frndlyfn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

**disclaimer*** I got this in an email.  My mom never treated me with tea soaked towels.

ZsMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Stinky cat litter? Dry a few used tea bags, then open them and add the contents to your cat's litter box. The antibacterial properties in the tea will neutralize offensive odors.

But will the cats use the box?

I know mine are finicky if we add baking soda.

frndlyfn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

But will the cats use the box?

I know mine are finicky if we add baking soda.

Hmm good question.  My cat likes to drink tea so I would worry he try to eat the litter.

Lala06
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Bump good to know :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Thanks for the tips.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN