Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

My Cake pops! *PIOG*

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

This was my first time making character cake pops. I was inspired by Bakerella's sesame street cake pops. So using her tutorial, i attempted to make the pops the DAY BEFORE my niece's birthday. If they werent going to turn out good, i was in trouble. haha.

I have been fascinated with making cake pops, and now that Ive tried the character ones..im in love. Im looking forward to making more of other characters for other themed parties or holidays. 

Here is a picture of what my cake pops looked like. After I ran out of the edible eyes, i decided to just do the others plain blue for cookie monster :) instead of making his face and all---that was very time consuming for Elmo.

What do you guys think!?!?!? :)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
looks great

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
So cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Melissa on May. 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I love them.  So cute!!

darrensmom11
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
So cute! I've been trying to read up on them before I attempt it. Did you crumble the cake and add in enough icing to shape them? Was it boxed items? Or did you use your own cake/icing recipe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopefulMommy89
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow, those turned out perfect!  I need to get back to making some.  I love cake pops, but it's such an involved process that I rarely ever get to do it!

MomOf3Girls1130
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM

thanks! i used the bella cake pop maker so I dont crumble the cake. I did in the past and mixing it with frosting was very sweet for me and my family. The cake was a boxed cake and made it like i usually do and put the batter in the cake maker. so as far as if i used the cake icing recipe..i didnt. i think it's too sweet. plus rolling it was so time consuming. 

Quoting darrensmom11:

So cute! I've been trying to read up on them before I attempt it. Did you crumble the cake and add in enough icing to shape them? Was it boxed items? Or did you use your own cake/icing recipe?

darrensmom11
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM
That's what I was thinking! Lol. I figured they would be too sweet from mixing in the frosting.

Quoting MomOf3Girls1130:

thanks! i used the bella cake pop maker so I dont crumble the cake. I did in the past and mixing it with frosting was very sweet for me and my family. The cake was a boxed cake and made it like i usually do and put the batter in the cake maker. so as far as if i used the cake icing recipe..i didnt. i think it's too sweet. plus rolling it was so time consuming. 

Quoting darrensmom11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM

OMG those are so cute.

i just got a cake pop maker at my bridal shower....but i won't touch it in the house that i'm in now, because i don't have all of the things, and it'll get ruined in thise household.

i'm so excited to get started on them and etc....i even got a doughnt maker, i'm excited for both...especially to make doughnt holes for breakfasts and etc.

Punkylu78
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Those are cool! I have wanted to try those too. Good job!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)