Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Random Question Of The Day **5-7-12**

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM
  • 15 Replies

So I"ve been seeing the news story about the lady who found a winning lottery ticket in the trash and the judge has ruled that the one who threw the ticket away should get the money.  What's your take on this?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I think the lady who found the ticket should be the winner.  I would think once you throw away something you're pretty much saying you don't want it anymore.  

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. How did the lady even know it was her ticket that won if she threw it away? 

Quoting 4kidz916:

I think the lady who found the ticket should be the winner.  I would think once you throw away something you're pretty much saying you don't want it anymore.  

Maries_Mom23
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!  I'm thinking the same way.  There have been many times that I've been told it wasn't a winner, and I've stuck in my wallet *just in case.*  And who's to say it was definitely HER ticket?  Maybe it was the guy behind her...this story just aggravates me.

Quoting jen113000:

I agree with you. How did the lady even know it was her ticket that won if she threw it away? 

Quoting 4kidz916:

4kidz916
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

You sound like me.  I always keep the tickets that have big prizes and check and double check them before throwing them away.

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Thank you!  I'm thinking the same way.  There have been many times that I've been told it wasn't a winner, and I've stuck in my wallet *just in case.*  And who's to say it was definitely HER ticket?  Maybe it was the guy behind her...this story just aggravates me.

Quoting jen113000:

Quoting 4kidz916:

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I think that is BS. I think she threw it away it is no longer hers

boomom1973
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I think it should go to the lady that found it.

1busymomma03
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM

It should definitely go to the lady that found it!!

melaniecerise
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM

if you throw it away, not the other person's problem. one person's trash is another's treasure

wingsfan1234
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

exactly!  This story just drives me crazy.. why didn't the judge even think to split the money between the ladies because if the one that found it never did than the first one wouldn't get anything anyways but the second lady should get something for even finding it!

Quoting melaniecerise:

if you throw it away, not the other person's problem. one person's trash is another's treasure

DanielleK21
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I think so too unless the person who threw it away signed it and it was an accident... God works in mysterious ways and maybe the lady who found it will do more for others than the person who bought it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)