Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

I NEED RECIPES!! FOR MY DISEASE.

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
I dont think it will help like it says it will but its worth a shot. I know one of you mama's has a daughter with a lot of allergies so maybe you have some recipes i can use.

For 2 weeks im not going to eat Gluten from wheat, dairy, or sugar. So i need recipes to follow those guidelines.

They need to be able to be prepared in 20 min or less. Or a long enough bake/cook time that i can sit in between.

Also inexpensive. I cant spend $10 per meal...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Melissa on May. 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Wow.  I'm sure it's hard to find recipes meeting all those specifications.  I'll look around and see what I can find for you.  We don't have any allergies (except to red dye) so I'm not really any help. 

DanielleK21
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Yea it is. But those 3 things cause inflamation, and thats the cause of all my problems.

Quoting 4kidz916:

Wow.  I'm sure it's hard to find recipes meeting all those specifications.  I'll look around and see what I can find for you.  We don't have any allergies (except to red dye) so I'm not really any help. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Cutting out gluten and milk is possible, but sugar is a tough one. DD can't have gluten or milk (among MANY other things). She's allergic to so many things that I don't like to put a limit on the things she can have. LOL. However, with that being said, it's not like I just give her all kinds of sweet foods. LOL

What types of recipes are you looking for? Specific meals? Or just anything and everything? Also, what types of foods do you like? That might help give me some ideas as where to start.

1busymomma03
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I will give you some ideas of meals that DD eats and maybe that will help you.

Breakfast is the hardest meal for us because of all of her allergies. She eats a lot of sausage (mostly turkey sausage), and bacon (not turkey..she likes the full fat version..lol). I will cook homemade hashbrowns for her often. Sometimes I make diced, country style hashbrows and other times I shred the potatoes and make hashbrown patties. She likes oatmeal. I use the little packets of oatmeal because they are super quick and easy. You only have to add water and microwave..just make sure to read the ingredients to make sure it doesn't contain milk. The packets of oatmeal may contain too much sugar for you though.. DD also eats a lot of cereal with rice milk (rice krispies makes a gluten free version now as well as rice checks are favorites here).

For lunch, DD likes to do lettuce wraps...deli meat, dijon mustard, and lettuce all rolled up. We do lots of salads, grilled chicken, BBQ turkey meatballs, and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Dinner is also filled with lots of fruits and vegetables and sometimes salads. Some of her favorite meals are turkey meatloaf, stuffed green peppers, baked chicken, pork roast, baked potatoes (instead of butter she gets a drizzle of olive oil, and also likes to top them with sloppy joe meat), spaghetti squash with marinara sauce... She also likes "taco chips". She can't eat flour tortillas like the rest of the family, so she has started taking tortilla chips and topping them with lettuce, tomatoes, taco meat, salsa and homemade guacamole. She loves those!!

Let me know if you think of any certain recipes or foods that you are needing help converting to your new diet.

melaniecerise
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

i hope someone can help you out

fineyouguyswin
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Ummm.....I have no clue but I hope it works Go vegan :O) I have a friend with pain issues who swears by it!

DanielleK21
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM
I love pasta.. go figure, meat, pretty much everything except sweets. So ill take whatever you got. Im more of a small food eater. I snack during the day and eat like 1 meal everyother day.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Breakfast is the hardest meal for us because of all of her allergies. She eats a lot of sausage (mostly turkey sausage), and bacon (not turkey..she likes the full fat version..lol). I will cook homemade hashbrowns for her often. Sometimes I make diced, country style hashbrows and other times I shred the potatoes and make hashbrown patties. She likes oatmeal. I use the little packets of oatmeal because they are super quick and easy. You only have to add water and microwave..just make sure to read the ingredients to make sure it doesn't contain milk. The packets of oatmeal may contain too much sugar for you though.. DD also eats a lot of cereal with rice milk (rice krispies makes a gluten free version now as well as rice checks are favorites here).

For lunch, DD likes to do lettuce wraps...deli meat, dijon mustard, and lettuce all rolled up. We do lots of salads, grilled chicken, BBQ turkey meatballs, and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Dinner is also filled with lots of fruits and vegetables and sometimes salads. Some of her favorite meals are turkey meatloaf, stuffed green peppers, baked chicken, pork roast, baked potatoes (instead of butter she gets a drizzle of olive oil, and also likes to top them with sloppy joe meat), spaghetti squash with marinara sauce... She also likes "taco chips". She can't eat flour tortillas like the rest of the family, so she has started taking tortilla chips and topping them with lettuce, tomatoes, taco meat, salsa and homemade guacamole. She loves those!!

Let me know if you think of any certain recipes or foods that you are needing help converting to your new diet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanielleK21
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM
I love pasta.. go figure, meat, pretty much everything except sweets. So ill take whatever you got. Im more of a small food eater. I snack during the day and eat like 1 meal everyother day.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Heather on May. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Ok so you are a grazer then rather than sit down type of person.  There are alot more gluten free products out now in the markets than in past years.  I would suggest finding a good pasta you like and making or buying a tomato sauce that you can add more veggies to it for nutritional oomph.  Also look into different proteins since they rarely have dairy,wheat or sugar added to them.  Tunafish on a rice cracker would be a cheap/fast snack.

Quoting DanielleK21:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

wingsfan1234
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

somewhere in the group around Christmas time I made a post to get some gluten free recipes... if I can find it I'll update it for you to look at

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)