Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Hi new here

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello.  I'm new here.  I primarily came here because I have been baking alot and have yet to find a good recipe for muffins.  I have a ton of frozen fruit, (most of frozen myself from fresh) and other things and need a healthier alternative to sugary cereals for my kids.  Every recipe I've had for muffins have turned out terrible!  Hard and dry.  Anyone have a good one?

by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1busymomma03
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I have a good recipe for banana muffins. I will have to try to look for it sometime tomorrow. I know I have posted it in here before. It's a very simple recipe, but it's very good!

Oh, and by the way...welcome to the group!!! =)

wingsfan1234
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Welcome to the group.. hopoe someone has a recipe that works for you... I'm not the greatest muffin maker 

fantasticfour
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Thanks ladies.  Busymomma, I would love to try a banana one.  I'm assuming that muffin recipes are like sweet bread recipes and I can substitute other fruits in them.  Maybe not, but I have bananas on hand!

MistressMinerva
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:45 AM

Welcome to the group. We have a recipe forum here that has tons of recipes. I'm sure you could find something there and these ladies here are very helpful too.

4kidz916
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Welcome to the group.  I'm at work now so I don't have any recipes with me but I'll try to find one later.  

itsblissmas
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Hi and welcome to the group. Unfortunately I can't help you. I hope someone can though!

1busymomma03
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Here is the recipe for banana muffins. This recipe doesn't have any eggs. The bananas act as a binder since there are no eggs. I really don't think you could take out the bananas, but you might be able to add in some other fruits...strawberries or blueberries might be good.

Ingredients:

• 3 very ripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup oil or vegan margarine, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preparation:

Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees.

In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork till soft. Add the oil or vegan margarine and sugar and cream together.

In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Combine with the banana mixture, stirring gently just to combine.

Grease or line a muffin pan, and fill each muffin about 2/3 full with batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

ReadingMary
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM

The clue somtimes is over stirring and or mixing and over baking

JaraAma88
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Welcome but I rarely make muffins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN