Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Hi new here

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello.  I'm new here.  I primarily came here because I have been baking alot and have yet to find a good recipe for muffins.  I have a ton of frozen fruit, (most of frozen myself from fresh) and other things and need a healthier alternative to sugary cereals for my kids.  Every recipe I've had for muffins have turned out terrible!  Hard and dry.  Anyone have a good one?

by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1busymomma03
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I have a good recipe for banana muffins. I will have to try to look for it sometime tomorrow. I know I have posted it in here before. It's a very simple recipe, but it's very good!

Oh, and by the way...welcome to the group!!! =)

wingsfan1234
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Welcome to the group.. hopoe someone has a recipe that works for you... I'm not the greatest muffin maker 

fantasticfour
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Thanks ladies.  Busymomma, I would love to try a banana one.  I'm assuming that muffin recipes are like sweet bread recipes and I can substitute other fruits in them.  Maybe not, but I have bananas on hand!

MistressMinerva
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:45 AM

Welcome to the group. We have a recipe forum here that has tons of recipes. I'm sure you could find something there and these ladies here are very helpful too.

4kidz916
by Melissa on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Welcome to the group.  I'm at work now so I don't have any recipes with me but I'll try to find one later.  

itsblissmas
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Hi and welcome to the group. Unfortunately I can't help you. I hope someone can though!

1busymomma03
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Here is the recipe for banana muffins. This recipe doesn't have any eggs. The bananas act as a binder since there are no eggs. I really don't think you could take out the bananas, but you might be able to add in some other fruits...strawberries or blueberries might be good.

Ingredients:

• 3 very ripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup oil or vegan margarine, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preparation:

Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees.

In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork till soft. Add the oil or vegan margarine and sugar and cream together.

In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Combine with the banana mixture, stirring gently just to combine.

Grease or line a muffin pan, and fill each muffin about 2/3 full with batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

ReadingMary
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM

The clue somtimes is over stirring and or mixing and over baking

JaraAma88
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Welcome but I rarely make muffins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)