Its been a while since I have sat down to write a post but its been a busy and fun-filled few weeks – the upcoming blog posts will feature a lot of that excitement. But, for now a fresh summery allergy friendly pancake…’watermelon pancakes!
Gluten-free, Wheat-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Peanut-free, Tree nuts-free, Fish and Shellfish-free and also free of a few other major allergens like mustard seeds, sesame seeds, chickpeas etc. So what does it contain?!?
- Watermelon: 1/4 of a small watermelon (should yield 1 cup of pureed watermelon)
- Rice flour: 3/4 cup
- Oil or dairy substitute
- Remove the edible part of the watermelon and puree it to a smooth paste in a blender. A seedless watermelon will yield better results.
- Empty the pureed watermelon into a mixing bowl. Add the rice flour a little at a time and blend it in with a fork or a wire whip - Hand Whip French, Stainless Steel.
- Add 1/4 cup water and a pinch of salt – mix thoroughly.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame. Grease the pan with 1/2 tsp oil.
- Pour approximately 2 tablespoons of batter in the center of the heated pan. Gently spread it into a 6″ pancake.
- When the top of the pancake is almost dry, flip it over and cook the other side for 1/2 a minute.
- Serve hot with syrup and fresh fruits or the way I like it best – ‘as-is’!