Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Allergy free watermelon pancakes !!!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:47 AM
  • 3 Replies

Allergy Friendly Watermelon Pancakes!

1 Votes

Its been a while since I have sat down to write a post but its been a busy and fun-filled few weeks – the upcoming blog posts will feature a lot of that excitement. But, for now a fresh summery allergy friendly pancake…’watermelon pancakes!

Gluten-free, Wheat-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Peanut-free, Tree nuts-free, Fish and Shellfish-free and also free of a few other major allergens like mustard seeds, sesame seeds, chickpeas etc. So what does it contain?!? :-)

Ingredients:

1. Watermelon: 1/4 of a small watermelon (should yield 1 cup of pureed watermelon)
  2. Rice flour: 3/4 cup
  3. Salt
  4. Oil or dairy substitute

Method:

1. Remove the edible part of the watermelon and puree it to a smooth paste in a blender. A seedless watermelon will yield better results.
  2. Empty the pureed watermelon into a mixing bowl. Add the rice flour a little at a time and blend it in with a fork or a wire whip - Hand Whip French, Stainless Steel.
  3. Add 1/4 cup water and a pinch of salt – mix thoroughly.
  4. Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame. Grease the pan with 1/2 tsp oil.
  5. Pour approximately 2 tablespoons of batter in the center of the heated pan. Gently spread it into a 6″ pancake.
  6. When the top of the pancake is almost dry, flip it over and cook the other side for 1/2 a minute.
  7. Serve hot with syrup and fresh fruits or the way I like it best – ‘as-is’!

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melaniecerise
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

interesting. can you taste the watermelon

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

That just seems weird to me. LOL.

My youngest DD loves watermelon and this recipe is actually safe for her (it's free of all of her allergens!) so I just might try it for her.

frndlyfn
by Heather on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I posted in NC as well and wouldnt you know it, someone is allergic to watermelon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)