Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you remember the first time you ever baked?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

I don't but I know I was a kid. I was just curious if anyone here remembers and if you remember what it was that you made first?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Melissa on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I remember the first time I took on a "big" baking project on my own.  I got a recipe from home ec class for a chocolate chip pound cake and I made it on my own.  Turned out perfect too!  And for me at age 15, that was a task!  I still make that recipe sometimes. 

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Does an easy bake oven count? LOL. If that does I was a young kid at my cousin's house. I don't remember the first time I baked something "for real".

MistressMinerva
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I can't remember when I first baked something but I do remember when I was 9, I learned how to cook eggs.

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Oh, yeah.  I remember baking lots of cakes with my Easy Bake Oven.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Does an easy bake oven count? LOL. If that does I was a young kid at my cousin's house. I don't remember the first time I baked something "for real".

psych_mom
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I don't remember my exact age but I remember making homemade biscuits when I was probably in middle school.

frndlyfn
by Heather on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM

It is a toss up between christmas cookies or baking with g-grandmother when i spent summers there.  I am not sure what i did first.  It was a holiday tradition that the children would make cut out cookies for santa and we would get to use the fancy silver balls for snowmen.

melaniecerise
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

no i know it was when I was a kid

wingsfan1234
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I have no idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I don't recall exactly what age I was, but I'm sure I was no more than 7.  I helped my mom make cinnamon rolls.  I was involved in almost the entire process, from measuring the ingredients to putting them in the pan (and of course eating!).  The only things I did not do were put them in the oven and take them out.  We make those cinnamon rolls every year on Christmas Eve, and they are our Christmas breakfast.

Love2Bake
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM

The first time I baked was with my mom, using an easy-bake oven when I was 5.  The first time I flew solo in a regular oven was when I was 12.  I made a clown cake from scratch and it was for my little cousin Marc's1st birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)