Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

June 20, 2012 is National Ice Cream Soda Day

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM
  • 8 Replies

June 20, 2012 is

National Ice Cream Soda Day

It’s National Ice Cream Soda Day! Take the time to enjoy this frothy drink, comprised of a few scoops of ice cream in any carbonated beverage. It’s the perfect thing to cool you off on this June day.

Ice cream sodas were invented by Robert Green in 1874 during Philadelphia's sesquicentennial celebration. Legend has it that Mr. Green added vanilla ice cream to the soda he sold after he ran out of ice (though Mr. Green claims he had dreamt up the innovation prior to the event). Intentional or not, it was a delicious way to keep the sodas cold, and they were an instant hit. Green was so proud of his creation that he even had the phrase “Originator of the Ice Cream Soda” engraved on his tombstone!

These days, there are many delicious variations of the original ice cream soda, including root beer floats, Boston coolers, and purple cows. To celebrate National Ice Cream Soda Day, all you need is soda, a few scoops of ice cream, and a straw!

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MistressMinerva
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I bought some ice cream and root beer. So going to have a Rootbeer float tonight.

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I used to love rootbeer floats. 

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I bought some ice cream and root beer. So going to have a Rootbeer float tonight.

Grace1017
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I saw ur post went out and made some floats for my folks and son...thanks

Quoting MistressMinerva:

fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM

wow it has been so long since I did that. If it wasn't nearly midnight I'd celebrate.

MistressMinerva
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM

It's never too late to celebrate...lol I made my rootbeer float at 9:30 pm tonight.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

wow it has been so long since I did that. If it wasn't nearly midnight I'd celebrate.

fineyouguyswin
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM

my stomach may disagree.lol

Quoting MistressMinerva:

It's never too late to celebrate...lol I made my rootbeer float at 9:30 pm tonight.

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

MistressMinerva
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Don't want you to get sick now...lol

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

my stomach may disagree.lol

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quoting fineyouguyswin:

melaniecerise
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:24 AM

love ice cream sodas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)