Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Slow cooker

Posted by   + Show Post

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

• 4 chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 3 carrots, sliced
  • 10 ounces refrigerated dough, torn into pieces
  • 1 cup frozen peas

Place chicken, butter, cream of chicken soup, and onion in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 5 to 6 hours. Stir in carrots after 5 hours of cooking. Place torn biscuit dough in slow cooker 30 minutes before serving. Cook until dough is no longer raw in the center, about 25 minutes. Lift edges of biscuits and stir in peas. Let stand until warm, about 10 minutes, before serving.

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (31-39):
frndlyfn
by Heather on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Is there any water added to create steam or just put potatoes in?  Thanks for sharing the other recipes as well.

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

This is one of our favorite simple suppers during the summer– Crock Pot Baked Potatoes!

I hate to heat up the oven in the summer and this is something I can throw in the crock-pot in the morning and have dinner ready in the evening.

How To Make Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

Wash and dry potatoes.

Cover each potato in aluminum foil and place in a crock-pot.

Cook on low for about eight hours.

Load them up with your favorite toppings, serve with a big salad and dinner is served!

Maries_Mom23
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I've always heard just the potatoes!   You're welcome!

I love using my slow cooker!  

Quoting frndlyfn:

Is there any water added to create steam or just put potatoes in?  Thanks for sharing the other recipes as well.

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

This is one of our favorite simple suppers during the summer– Crock Pot Baked Potatoes!

I hate to heat up the oven in the summer and this is something I can throw in the crock-pot in the morning and have dinner ready in the evening.

How To Make Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

Wash and dry potatoes.

Cover each potato in aluminum foil and place in a crock-pot.

Cook on low for about eight hours.

Load them up with your favorite toppings, serve with a big salad and dinner is served!

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

French Dip Sandwiches, Family Favorite Recipes

2-3 lb oven roast
2 cans beef broth (about 4 cups)
2 pkgs Lipton Onion Soup Mix
white Italian sub rolls (We get ours from Subway, they sell a 12" roll for 50 cents!)
provolone cheese slices

Put oven roast in crock pot. Add beef broth and soup mix. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred roast with a fork, and return shredded beef to crock pot for a few more minutes. Slice open bread, and place a good amount of beef on one side, top beef with cheese slices. Broil open sandwich in oven for a few minutes, until the cheese gets melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, and serve with a ladle of au-jus left in crock pot.
Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:25 AM

SALSA CHICKEN

2-4 Chicken breasts
Taco Seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream

Put chicken in crockpot and top with taco seasoning. Mix salsa and soup and put on top. Cook for 6-8 hours on low and then mix in the sour cream and let it get hot before serving. Serve over rice or in taco shells.  It's REALLY good. Looks not all that appetizing when done - but good.

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Easy Stuffed Peppers! I will write "optional" on the ingredients that you do not neeed to have, and remember you can add anything you like to them, make them to your liking.

In a bowl combine:
1 package Ground meat (use any you choose, beef/turkey/chicken)
1 package of rice mix, any flavour you desire!
Chopped Cilantro (hand full) (optional)
Chopped Onions - I like a lot! (optional)
Seasoning of your choice - I use salt and sometimes garlic powder and hot sauce! (optional)

Mix all together.

Cut the top of your pepper and scoop out the inside.

Then, Scoop in the meat mix in each pepper.

What I also like to do is chop up Mozzarella cheese and stuff pieces of them between the meat mixture in the pepper. When it's all melted it tastes so yummy.

Depending on how big the peppers are you can fit 4-6.

Put in slow cooker and put timer on for 8 hours on Slow or 4 hours on high.

Serve with Salad or any side dish you like.

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM

EASY CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP 

1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}

3 14oz. cans of chicken broth

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup onion, chopped

1/4 tsp. ground pepper

1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free.  It WON’T melt!!!}

As the Pioneer Woman would say, here are the “cast of characters”.

potato soup1

Not too shabby, eh?! 

In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat.  About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted.  Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you think would be good!!

potato soup2

Seriously y’all.  DANG good.  I didn’t have time to make this on the crockpot, so I cooked everything stovetop style.  Probably took about an hour total after everything was said and done.  The hardest part of preparing this meal was ripping open the bag & cans to pour them into the pot.  Yes, friends…it was THAT easy!!!  Mr. Spouse was lovin’ him some potato soup courtesy of wifey and requested that this be added to our dinner “rotation” {which currently consists of taco salad, pasta, and take out}.  Yes please!!!  Promise you’ll love it!!!  By far, one of my faves!!!!

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Ingredients

Directions

1. Coat the beef in the flour. Heat a few tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meat, a few pieces at a time, adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
  2. Add the onions to the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and coat the onions; transfer to the cooker.
  3. Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add to the cooker. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme, and bay leaf.
  4. Cover and cook on low heat for 7 1/2 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Add the peas and heat through.
Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Slow Cooked Pork Chops

• 6 lean pork chops

• 1/2 cup of flour

• 1 tbsp. salt

• 1 (10 oz.) can chicken and rice soup

• 1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard

• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

• 2 tbsp. oil

Methods/steps
Coat pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard, and garlic powder and brown in oil in skillet. Place browned pork chops in crock-pot. Add can of soup. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 hours.
lachelle
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Slow cooker Carmel!

I got this off of pinterest:

1 can of condensed milk placed in a crockpot still in unopened can for 8hrs.  I promise, when it is done and you open it ,it is delicious thick carmel.  Great for baking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)