Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Chicken recipes

Posted by   + Show Post

Creamy Ranch Chicken
>
>As I found it, this recipe called for increasing the bacon to
>a whole pound, then went healthy.  How ridiculous! Excuse
>me for omitting that silly crap.  I'm sure anyone who wants
>to healthy-up a recipe knows exactly what to do.
>We like it more using pancetta instead of bacon.
>*************************************************************
>
>Ingredients
>
>6 slices bacon (Or use the whole blessed lb.)
>4 chicken legs & thighs or breasts cut into bite size pieces 
>2 T flour
>2 T dry ranch salad dressing mix
>1-1/4 cup whole milkor 1/2 & 1/2
>3 c dried medium noodles
>Grated Parmesan
>
>Directions
>
>Cook bacon and then cut into bite size pieces.
>Use the grease to cook chicken in (about 2-4 T)
>Stir in flour and ranch and stir well.
>stir in milk
>Cook until thick and  bubbly
>Stir in bacon.
>Meanwhile make cook the noodles
>Serve the chicken with the noodles sprinkle with parmesan
>

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Chicken "Pot Pie"

Ingredients

• 1  3 1/2- to 4-pound  rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
  • 1  10-ounce package  frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1  10.75-ounce can  condensed cream-of-mushroom soup
  • 1/4  teaspoon  kosher salt
  • 1/4  teaspoon  black pepper
  • 1  10-count tube  refrigerated biscuits

Directions

1. Heat oven to 400° F. Combine the chicken, vegetables, soup, salt, pepper, and 3/4 cup water in a large bowl.
  2. Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe casserole, cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
  3. Remove the foil, cover the filling with the biscuits, and bake until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes.

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Crockpot Lemon Chicken

put cube of butter in bottom of crock pot. lay chicken in pot. sprinkle italian dressing packet over chicken, drizzle with lemon juice, and pop the lid on. cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-8 hours. YUM

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients

• 12-ounce packages low-fat baked breaded chicken-breast tenderloins or cutlets
  • 1  teaspoon  dried oregano
  • 1 1/2  cups  jarred marinara sauce
  • 4  tablespoons  freshly grated Parmesan
  • freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
  2. Place the chicken in a shallow roasting pan or a 9-by-13-inch cake pan. Sprinkle with the oregano, then pour on the sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the sauce is hot and the cheese is melted. Season with pepper to taste.
  3. Serve with mixed greens dressed with a vinaigrett
Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Grilled 7-Up Chicken 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/2 tsp Horseradish (it tastes okay without this, but I highly recommend using it! Adds the perfect amount of zip!!) 1 (12 oz) can of lemon-lime soda pop (not diet) 1/4 cup vegetable oil Mix all ingredients together in a Ziploc bag. Add 4-5 chicken breasts and marinate for at least 30 minutes (although the longer you go, the better they taste! I usually marinate my chicken for at least 8 hours or overnight). Grill over medium-high heat until cooked all the way through.
Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Suce and Pasta

Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

3 large chicken breasts

5 C corn flakes
3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 C milk
6 T olive oil  
1   12 oz package bowtie noodles (farfalle)
Sauce: 
1   10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk 
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

1. In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs. 
2. Add the 1/2 t salt to the 3/4 C flour. Stir to combine. 
3. Place the flour, milk and crushed cornflakes each into their own separate pan. Loaf pans work well for this. If you don't have three loaf pans, do not dismay. You could use pie tins, or round cake pans...what ever works for you. 
4. Place your chicken breasts in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and seal the top. 
Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet. You will really be thankful for the Ziploc bag in this step. Who wants a bunch of chicken guts flying around their kitchen? Not me...that's who. 
5. Take a pair of sharp kitchen scissors and cut each breast in half. 
6. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides. 
Lay the floured chicken onto a small cookie sheet and slide the sheet into the freezer. Let it hang out there for about 5 minutes. 
7. Start cooking your pasta. 
8. Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge each piece in the milkand then immediately into the corn flake crumbs. Again, be sure both sides are covered well. 
9. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet. 
10. Carefully lay each chicken piece into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes....
or until the underside of each piece is nice and golden brown. Turn the pieces over. If the bottom of the pan is dry add just a bit more olive oil to the side of the pan. Swirl the pan around a bit to let the oil flow to all sides. 
11. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium.  Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes, being careful not to burn the bottoms. Burned bottoms are not advised. In any shape or form. Thank you. 
12. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with tin foil.  
13. Into the same pan pour your broth. Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken, and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get all warm and bubbly. Should only take about 3 minutes. 
14. Slice your chicken into strips and serve over your cooked pasta and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley if you choose

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Creamy Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta

• 1 lb. bowtie pasta (or any kind of pasta would work!)
  • 1-1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, sliced or cubed (I just sauteed some while the noodles cooked)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed or crushed
  • 4 Tbs. butter
  • 1 cup half and half, room temperature
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, sliced
  • 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.  While it cooks, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic till soft.  Whisk in half and half and chicken broth.  Stir in seasoned salt and mozzarella.  Lower the heat to keep the sauce from boiling.

Add the chicken and red pepper slices to the sauce.  Stir frequently and keep and eye on the heat so it doesn’t boil.  Drain the cooked pasta and stir it together with the sauce.  Add chopped parsley or basil when serving.
Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Savory Yogurt Chicken Breasts

1 cup bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
1 tsp.seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
8 ounces plain Yogurt
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. crushed oregano
1/4 cup margarine, melted
4 boneless chicken breasts

In a Pie Plate stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic powder, seasoned salt, oregano, thyme and pepper. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Coat chicken with yogurt and roll in crumb mixture. Place chicken meaty side up in a lightly greased 15x10x1" baking pan. Drizzle margarine on top of chicken. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds. Bake uncovered in a 375° oven for 45 to 55 min. or until chicken is not pink on the inside.

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders*
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cashews

Directions:
Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
If you want like sauce and want to have some to pour over the chicken and the rice, double the sauce ingredients.

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Chicken With Mustard Cream Sauce

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried tarragon or oregano

Directions
Add olive oil to a large skillet and preheat over medium-high heat.  Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  Add chicken to skillet and saute until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, turning once.  Transfer to a plate and keep warm.  Pour chicken broth into hot skillet.  Whisk in the cream, mustard and tarragon or oregano.  Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.  Pour sauce over chicken and serve.

Let's Dish
I found this recipe in a newly purchased cookbook, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast (from the kitchen's of Martha Stewart Living).  It's my new favorite cookbook.  I love it so much I subscribed to Everyday Food magazine.  This chicken is a perfect example of the kind of recipes that are featured in the Everyday Food cookbooks and magazine.  Quick, simple and delicious.  I almost always have the ingredients on hand for this recipe, which is great for the nights I haven't really planned anything for dinner and don't want to spend a lot of time figuring out what to cook.  It's not a bad idea to double the sauce, as that gives you plenty for the chicken, plus some left to spoon over a side of rice.

Maries_Mom23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Light BBQ Chicken Pizza

Ingredients
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
  • 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • thinly sliced red onions
  • fresh cilantro
Instructions
  1. Chop the cauliflower into medium pieces. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and heat until shiny. Place the cauliflower in the hot oil, stir to cover with oil, and place a lid on the skillet. Check skillet every few minutes to keep cauliflower from burning, but let it get a nice browned roasted outside. Continue to let cauliflower cook, covered, for about 10-15 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Let cool for a few minutes.
  2. Preheat the oven to 450. In a blender or large food processor, place eggs, cornmeal, and seasoning. Place cauliflower in blender and puree until you have a semi-smooth, thick batter. Cover a pizza pan with parchment paper and pour batter into the center of the paper. Spread until you have about a 1/2 inch thick crust or thinner if desired.
  3. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes, checking occasionally to keep from burning. I liked the crispy edges, so I recommend letting it brown a little bit more than a normal crust.
  4. While crust is cooking, coat chicken with barbecue sauce. When the crust is cooked through and golden brown, remove and top with barbecue chicken, half the cheese, red onion, and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Top with cilantro, slice, and serve!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)