Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finger food apple pies!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

ok so this one is easy and perhaps some of you may already know about these. cheap easy hardly requires cooking!! prepared and baked in under20min. what more could you ask for right? Oh and not to mention its something you can let the kids help make.

4 ingredients:

-can of apple pie filling

-tube of cresent rolls

-cinnamon

-hersheys caramel sauce

How to:

Pop your tube of cresent rolls and lay them out flat. Put one spoonful of apple pie filling on the wide end of the cresent roll. Sprinkle a little spice in and roll it up like you normally would just pinch the ends. Bake at 375 until golden. While hot spoon spread a little bit of the caramel sauce on top. ENJOY!!

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:17 AM

roll it like a crescent? Not fold over like a turnover? Cut the apple into smaller pieces right?

Yeah I love to find new ways to use crescent roll and biscuits.  I might do that with cherry instead!  Im so in the mood to bake!!!

MommyKir
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

You can roll them however you like as long as you make sure that the filling wont come out.

melaniecerise
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

nice and simple. no caramel sauce for me

MommyKir
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM

if you don't like the caramel sauce there is always a little whipped cream or ice cream...

4kidz916
by Melissa on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM

These sound good and easy.  Thanks for sharing. 

4kidz916
by Melissa on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Cherry sounds really good. 

Quoting MixedCooke:

roll it like a crescent? Not fold over like a turnover? Cut the apple into smaller pieces right?

Yeah I love to find new ways to use crescent roll and biscuits.  I might do that with cherry instead!  Im so in the mood to bake!!!

MommyKir
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

we have also done pumpkin. And berry, with the berry we sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. you can do soo many different things with them, if you can make a pie with it you can probably wrap it in the cresent and have it taste good. just find a good topping for it.

MixedCooke
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Quoting MommyKir:

we have also done pumpkin. And berry, with the berry we sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. you can do soo many different things with them, if you can make a pie with it you can probably wrap it in the cresent and have it taste good. just find a good topping for it.

I know some do egg washes, etc when you do it as a pie, but you dont really need to do that when using the crescents right?

MixedCooke
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I usually go the more savory route when I use them like wrapping hot dogs with the crescents and doing like mini-cheeseburgers with the biscuits by putting in a meatball and cheddar cheese or doing mini ham sandwiches with ham, some cheddar cheese and a little mustard.  With turkey as well!

MommyKir
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:09 PM

We have done the hot dog way as well. and no you don't need to use a butter wash with the cresent rolls. For $10 i made two types and 16 of them.... its great for moms on a budget, and those who want a great easy fast dessert for the kids to help with. my kids are 5 and 3 and do these without help, (other then baking) I do these to keep my kids busy while I cook dinner, tthey fold them and fill them while im cooking,  then while we eat they bake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)