Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Coconut recipes

Posted by   + Show Post

Thai Yellow Curry With Chicken & Potatoes
>
>
>>Ingredients
>>
>>3 T. vegetable oil
>>10 chicken thighs, cut in chunks
>>1 large onion, chopped
>>1 4 oz. can Yellow Curry Paste
>>1 tsp. curry powder
>>1 13 oz. can Coconut milk
>>1 C. chicken stock
>>3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut in small chunks
>>2 T. fish sauce
>>2 T. fresh lime juice
>>1 T. palm sugar (you can substitute brown)
>>
>>Directions
>>
>>In a wok or large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until starting to turn golden.
>>Add onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
>>Add curry paste and curry powder and mash curry paste to soften, then stir to coat the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
>>Stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to a gentle boil. Add potato chunks and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.
>>Stir in fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (21-27):
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Quoting frndlyfn:

Well I didn't melt it, but texturally they are almost exact, so I used the same measurement for the ricotta as the butter.
melaniecerise
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

my dh would love this

MrsGuerrero92
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 3:08 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! This was so delicious!!!!!!! I made it with French Vanilla cake mix instead. I made it early afternoon & cut it late evening. It was a little messy to cut. But I must admit, its so much better when you let it sit overnight. This is the recipe I've been looking for!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Your welcome.  I am a fan of semi homemade kind of things with a young child in house lol.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

This sound sooooo good & easy!!!! Thank you!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Coconut Cake

1 package butter/yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flaked coconut
8 ounce container whipped topping

Prepare the cake as directed in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Cool 15 minutes then poke holes in the cake with a fork. Meanwhile combine the milk, sugar and 1/2 cup of the coconut in a pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Spoon this mixture over the warm cake. Cool. When cool fold 1/2 cup of the coconut into the whipped topping. Spread over the cake evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Chill overnight or all day if made in the morning. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Heather on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Your Welcome.  I am glad that it worked out for you and it is a cake better the next day rather than freshly made.  Did you eat the whole thing yourself?  ha ha.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! This was so delicious!!!!!!! I made it with French Vanilla cake mix instead. I made it early afternoon & cut it late evening. It was a little messy to cut. But I must admit, its so much better when you let it sit overnight. This is the recipe I've been looking for!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Your welcome.  I am a fan of semi homemade kind of things with a young child in house lol.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Coconut Cake

1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flaked coconut

Prepare the cake as directed in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Cool 15 minutes then poke holes in the cake with a fork. Meanwhile combine the milk, sugar and 1/2 cup of the coconut in a pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Spoon this mixture over the warm cake. Cool. When cool fold 1/2 cup of the coconut into the whipped topping. Spread over the cake evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Chill overnight or all day if made in the morning. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.

MrsGuerrero92
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Well I have 4 teens. Therefore you know they pretty much ate the whole thing. But........ I did stash a another piece for myself to eat when they're asleep LOL! I think next time I make it, it toast some coconut & sprinkle it on top. Omg!!! What have you done???? I want to make this everyday for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

Your Welcome.  I am glad that it worked out for you and it is a cake better the next day rather than freshly made.  Did you eat the whole thing yourself?  ha ha.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Coconut Cake

1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flaked coconut

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Heather on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I am the evil food fairy LOL.  I do not like coconut personally so this cake would be safe around me.  I am more of a cookie or pie girl.  I bet they enjoyed the homemade cake.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

Well I have 4 teens. Therefore you know they pretty much ate the whole thing. But........ I did stash a another piece for myself to eat when they're asleep LOL! I think next time I make it, it toast some coconut & sprinkle it on top. Omg!!! What have you done???? I want to make this everyday for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

MrsGuerrero92
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I LOVE coconut. You could make this & leave the coconut out. Just frost it with the cool whip & maybe some fresh strawberries, slivered almonds and/or shaved chocolate. Well keep the delicious simple recipes coming!!!! I love to cook & bake. & the baking season is almost here for me. Its still a little hot here in Southern California. I just bought about 5 boxes of Strawberry Pillsbury cake mix on clearance for .35 lol. So I need recipes for that :D omg! I need to shut up!!! I'm getting hungry! Damn Aunt Flo just had to make an appearance today!! Ugh!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am the evil food fairy LOL.  I do not like coconut personally so this cake would be safe around me.  I am more of a cookie or pie girl.  I bet they enjoyed the homemade cake.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)