Paint Swatch Calendar
During the summer, thereâ€™s nothing I enjoy more than laying outside, taking in the summer rays. But this summer, thanks to my most-visited website: Pinterest, Iâ€™ve been inspired to be a little crafty and make something useful. Because whatâ€™s more chic than creating something beautiful and useful that costs less than the actual thing? (Okay, maybe a lot of things, but letâ€™s call this â€ścrafty chic.â€ť)
So hereâ€™s something that is customizable, reusable, and can cost under $5: a paint sample calendar.
What youâ€™ll need:
- a frame (I got this one from Ikea for $4. The size is 13.5 x 17.5 but feel free to go bigger if youâ€™d like more space.)
- paint samples in colors you choose (free from your nearest paint or hardware store.)
- poster board for the background â€“ I chose white
- a straight edge, ruler and a pencil if youâ€™re a perfectionist like me
What to do:
- Take your chosen colors and trim them to the size you want. Keep in mind youâ€™ll need 7 colors to comfortably fit from left to right and that the labels for the days of the week will be smaller than the calendar days. I chose to keep the paint sample names within my little squares because I thought itâ€™d add a nice touch, but itâ€™s totally up to you!
- Trim your poster board to the size of the frame and glue your paint samples to it, however you desire. I chose an ombre look for specific days of the week. A single color ombre or mixed colors look great too!
- Place your finished calendar inside the frame and use your dry erase marker to label the days and dates.
- Enjoy your cute (and one-of-a-kind) calendar!