Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Healthy Baking

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

Is it worth it to bake healthy or not? I have all the intentions in baking healthy but then I realized where is the fun. The act of making something sinfully sweet that's bad for you is a rush.So which do you prefer?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melaniecerise
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

i think so, the substituted baked goods taste better in my opinion

JohnnyCakes
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this

It really depends on what you're baking but there are some ways to make baking healthier without compromising. For instance, oil. You can substitute half of the oil for applesauce and you really won't notice the difference. I almost never use the full amount of sugar, even just skimping slightly most people don't notice. No, it doesn't make it "healthy" but maybe just a little less bad for you :) 

frndlyfn
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:23 AM

We bake alot of things that are really indulgent as well as healthier for us.  My favorite fall treat is apple pie.  We decrease the sugar content and usually add abit more lemon juice so it stays sweet.

4kidz916
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I think it's worth it for most of my baking.  But sometimes you just want to be a little bad and bake something that good but so bad for you.

ank_mom2be
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I like it to be on the healthier side. I've learned how to make some really tasty, but secretly healthy, baked goods. Of course, I've had my failures, too. But oh, well, that's how I learn. :)

My first little one (a boy, named Phoenix) February 23 2012 <3
http://veritas-prevalebit.blogspot.com/    http://www.facebook.com/ashley.nicole.blogger
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN