Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Soft cookies

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

I bake on the side and I am wondering how do I get softer cookies?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angierose7679
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Here's a bump cause I'd like to know too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I've seen recipes for cookies that claim to stay soft. They are called pudding cookies and you add a packet of pudding mix into the batter. I have not tried them, though.

Hannahsjoy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I just tried pudding cookies and that looks like the trick!!! I just wanted to make sure though...thank you!

frndlyfn
by Heather on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Depends what kind you want to make.  For soft peanut butter ones, you do not put flour in them.

ReadingMary
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM

i think no matter whatthe recioe we just overbake sometimes, have learned that with experience and think they have to be dark and hard and not the case and have much softer cookies in baking a couple minutes less. good luck Mary in wi

ank_mom2be
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I've always gotten soft cookies. Nothing special. I just make sure not to overbake the cookies because they'll continue to bake once they're pulled from the oven. I store them in an airtight container, too.

My first little one (a boy, named Phoenix) February 23 2012 <3
http://veritas-prevalebit.blogspot.com/    http://www.facebook.com/ashley.nicole.blogger
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

4kidz916
by Melissa on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I don't bake mine as long as the directions call for and they come out a little softer. 

psych_mom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Snickerdoodles are soft cookies. I just baked up some pumpkin snickerdoodles and they are very soft.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beckolette
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Your fat to flour ratio is your soft/hard fix. There are soft cookie recipes for all kinds of cookies you just have to look/search for a soft variety. ie... soft sugar cookie. I don't like hard sugar cookies and I've done them a variety of ways looking for that perfect one. Some are made with cake mix, the pudding one mentioned above, butter, lard/crisco all seem to make a hard or crisp piecrust type. I prefer using cream cheese replacing 3/4th of the fat in any recipe. This gives a flavor and softness that won't break or crumble with decorating. Sour cream sugar cookies are softer too. I just prefer the cream cheese. Experiment and feed your family and friends, co-workers. let them be the judge and eat up the calories. LOL

Hannahsjoy
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Cream cheese instead of butter?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)