Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

In Need Of Some Xmas Recipes!!

This year I plan on doing some more Xmas baking the only thing is I am in need of some real good recipes for cookies, bars, or anything else. If you have any good reciples PLZ share!! :)

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Replies (11-13):
hismrsramirez86
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Quoting chefmartha:

One of our favorites at this time of the year is Black Forest Yule log. It's simply a chocolate jelly roll that you fill with whipped cream and pie cherries. We strain off some of the sauce from the pi cherries so that it's not so soupy. After rolling the cake up we chill it for about an hour then coat the outside with chocolate ganache.

The other one we do also uses a chocolate jellyroll cake but is filled with mocha buttercream and coated with chocolate ganache.

As for the usual cookies we do gingerbread, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, raspberry fold overs and spumoni. The one that goes really fast though is Almond Crescents where half the cookie is dipped in chocolate. We're lucky if those make it a day here. Mexican Wedding cookies are also a favorite here.

YUM!! I def got to try some of these Thank You :)

babynurse244
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

This is really good, I've made it several times, it's from Gooseberry patch

Eggnog Cake

Enjoy this recipe from Quick & Easy Christmas.

Submitted by: Jeanette Busby from Dedham, MA

18-1/4 oz. pkg. yellow cake mix with pudding
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 c. oil
1 t. nutmeg
1-1/3 c. eggnog

In a large bowl, blend together all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a Bundt® pan that has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Transfer to a nice plate. Drizzle Eggnog Glaze over cake. Makes 12 servings.

Eggnog Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. margarine, softened
1 t. vanilla extract
3 to 4 T. eggnog

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except eggnog. Add enough eggnog to reach a glaze consistency.

WesternNYmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I just posted my recipie for orange biscotti in this groups recipe section. Check it out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN