Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

In Need Of Some Xmas Recipes!!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

This year I plan on doing some more Xmas baking the only thing is I am in need of some real good recipes for cookies, bars, or anything else. If you have any good reciples PLZ share!! :)

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizkit_fanky
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I use www.allrecipes.com   www.tablespoon.com.  www.familyfun.com.....

psych_mom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

You need a Pinterest account, lol. Tons of recipes in one place.

hismrsramirez86
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I will def try pinterest Thank You!!
taniamorse85
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Here are two of my favorite recipes (and yes, I'm kind of pumpkin crazy this time of year, lol!).

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

subiemama
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Do you already have a recipe for a pumpkin roll??? Or how about tiramasu????

Lzabierek
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I always liked to do cheesecake, sugar cookies & rice pudding. I ALWAYS make eggnog also but I don't include that as a dessert! :) my parents & my husband have ALWAYS loved my cheesecake!

2 packages of cream cheese

2 eggs

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 cup sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla

3/4 cup sugar

I just blend it all together and bake it at 350 degrees for about 30-45 mins. I always eyeballed it. With the crust you have 3 different options. 1 you can buy a premade crust, but where is the fun in that? 2 I make a homade crust. I do 1 part graham cracker crumbs & 1 part vanilla wafer crumbs ( its really good that way) or the 3rd option is when I make mini cheesecake for guests, I just put a vanilla wafer at the bottom, for the crust, of a cupcake wrapper and then pour the batter over it and then bake. Comes out really good!

g0dd3ss2012
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Exactly pinterest.com has everything.It is like my new drug..I have been telling everyone about it.

http://pinterest.com/g0dd3ss08/

Quoting psych_mom:

You need a Pinterest account, lol. Tons of recipes in one place.

hismrsramirez86
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I have neither
Quoting subiemama:

Do you already have a recipe for a pumpkin roll??? Or how about tiramasu????

frndlyfn
by Heather on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Go to the recipe forum or search for christmas recipes.  There are at least 100 scattered throughout our group.

chefmartha
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

One of our favorites at this time of the year is Black Forest Yule log. It's simply a chocolate jelly roll that you fill with whipped cream and pie cherries. We strain off some of the sauce from the pi cherries so that it's not so soupy. After rolling the cake up we chill it for about an hour then coat the outside with chocolate ganache.

The other one we do also uses a chocolate jellyroll cake but is filled with mocha buttercream and coated with chocolate ganache.

As for the usual cookies we do gingerbread, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, raspberry fold overs and spumoni. The one that goes really fast though is Almond Crescents where half the cookie is dipped in chocolate. We're lucky if those make it a day here. Mexican Wedding cookies are also a favorite here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)