Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

need baking ideas!!! please help!*update*

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
My ss has a BS event tomorrow and I am suppose to make baked goods to sell. I need help! I don't know what to make. I have never done this before and im a beginner baker as in I don't do it much.
*Thanks everyone! I made peanut butter cookies, beanut butter Brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies with cherry chips. They where a big hit.*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VaniK
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Try recipes  on www.bettycrocker.com, I have tried buttery chocolate chip cookies, banana blueberry bread, pound cake, www.tasteofhome for chocolate chip muffins, buttery chocolate chip cookies. All the best.

Lorena
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Thanks so far I have peanut butter Brownies. Next I'm making carmal Brownies. Then I'm thinking chocolate chip.cookies, peanut butter cookies and berry muffins. I might get brave and try macadamian nut cookies.

Quoting VaniK:

Try recipes  on www.bettycrocker.com, I have tried buttery chocolate chip cookies, banana blueberry bread, pound cake, www.tasteofhome for chocolate chip muffins, buttery chocolate chip cookies. All the best.

taniamorse85
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Sugar cookies are very basic, but they are something that should sell well.  Here's the recipe I use.  One thing I particularly like about it is that the batter does not need to sit in the fridge before rolling and baking the cookies.  Also, to change them up, you could do a different extract (coconut extract works really well) or add some sort of chocolate chips or nuts to the batter.

Lorena
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Thanks!

Quoting taniamorse85:

Sugar cookies are very basic, but they are something that should sell well.  Here's the recipe I use.  One thing I particularly like about it is that the batter does not need to sit in the fridge before rolling and baking the cookies.  Also, to change them up, you could do a different extract (coconut extract works really well) or add some sort of chocolate chips or nuts to the batter.

03amanda
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

cinnamon rolls are a big hit at a bake sale, you can get a recipe online only thing with yeast if your in a high atittude you need to a cup of with two packs of yeast for example

kimber2465
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

puppy chow is always a big hit at all the ones we have done for special olympics!! it  is so easy to make!!!

25mamaof3
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies from the Betty Crocker site!

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies

You Need:

pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
tablespoon water
tablespoons vegetable oil
egg
1/2
cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces
1/4
cup miniature marshmallows
1/3
cup milk chocolate chips
teaspoon vegetable oil

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, water, 3 tablespoons oil and the egg until soft dough forms. Stir in peanut butter pieces.
  • 2Drop dough with ice cream scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.
  • 3Bake 9 minutes. Press marshmallows onto cookies. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.
  • 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on Medium (50%) 30 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 10-second increments until melted. Add 1 teaspoon oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies.

Tips:

These cookies keep for 1 week stored in a tightly covered container.

Make a sweet and salty version by stirring some crushed pretzels into the dough. They add a nice crunch too!

Info:

• PREP TIME 15 Min
  • TOTAL TIME 45 Min
  • SERVINGS 16
Lorena
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I will definitely save these for the gs bake sale my Dd would love to make them.

Quoting 25mamaof3:

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies from the Betty Crocker site!

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies

You Need:

pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix

tablespoon water

tablespoons vegetable oil

egg

1/2

cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces

1/4

cup miniature marshmallows

1/3

cup milk chocolate chips

teaspoon vegetable oil

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, water, 3 tablespoons oil and the egg until soft dough forms. Stir in peanut butter pieces.

• 2Drop dough with ice cream scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.

• 3Bake 9 minutes. Press marshmallows onto cookies. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.

• 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on Medium (50%) 30 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 10-second increments until melted. Add 1 teaspoon oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies.

Tips:

These cookies keep for 1 week stored in a tightly covered container.

Make a sweet and salty version by stirring some crushed pretzels into the dough. They add a nice crunch too!

Info:

• PREP TIME 15 Min

• TOTAL TIME 45 Min

• SERVINGS 16
AlyssaN
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I made a 3 layer red velvet cake for the cub scouts bake sale last year and dh(who is the cub master) bought the cake for $50 cause its his fave lol.
Lorena
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Sounds like something my dh would do lol.

Quoting AlyssaN:

I made a 3 layer red velvet cake for the cub scouts bake sale last year and dh(who is the cub master) bought the cake for $50 cause its his fave lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)