Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 things I am in desperate need of...

Posted by   + Show Post
A good baking book with some basic from scratch recipes, and a stand mixer.

Those two items will make my life complete! I would love to hear suggestions from you ladies about both. What do you recommend? Which brand/model has worked best for you? Have you found a book that you think is absolutely amazing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
Rebecca7708
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Wow. I feel kinda dumb admitting that I hadn't even thought of that. It's actually a really good idea.

Quoting irishmommy81:

I honestly check out books from my library and try the recipes and if I like one I write it down.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
irishmommy81
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Its ok I did the same thing

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Wow. I feel kinda dumb admitting that I hadn't even thought of that. It's actually a really good idea.

Quoting irishmommy81:

I honestly check out books from my library and try the recipes and if I like one I write it down.

beckolette
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

If you have the money invest in a top of the line 6qt KitchenAid. 

If not then start saving toward one. You will never regret it. 

Then find a hand mixer. Paula Deen uses ONLY a handmixer and swears by one. Doesn't have to be expensive there are very good ones out there at 30 to 40. Just find one with at least 8 settings.

Shop resale stores for the cook books. Goodwill, Savation Arny, Garage sales, Freecycle. Ask your family, girlfriends, work friends. Who knows what they will be glad to pass on. Ask older family members for recipes, or books. You may get Great-Great-Grammy's best cookies, cake and stew recipes. 

03amanda
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM

cowboy cook is really good and i just use the internet to find good baking items and try them out if that doestn work i look for another and i use an hand mixer and my hands to make thing

Sisteract
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Use online sites for recipes.

I also have a nice Kitchen Aid with many attachments.

Daisyducc
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Better homes and gardens and taste of home both it out some great baking from scratch books.

i thought I would love love love my kitchenaid mixer, but I find that I typically don't pull it out for simple things that I can easily mix by hand or a simple handheld mixer.

inluvwcntryby
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

The red and white Betty Crocker cookbook is my go to

snowball94
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:02 AM
For a stand mixer go to amazon.com, also check some stores may have their displays marked w. Down that how I got my stand mixer and it works great.
AleaKat
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:05 AM
I have these containers full of recipe cards that I use religiously but I'm not entirely sure of a brand since MIL bought them for me.
I can't see myself ever needing a stand mixer. Lol
I just use my electric mixer or a whisk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1LovelyAngel
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I'm going to buy a stand mixer this week hopefully and I go to allrecipes.com .Did you buy a mixer yet, and which one and what color, the color is what been holding me up, I might just get black
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)