Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm thinking of making this for Easter dessert

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 4 Replies

BROWNIE REFRIGERATOR CAKE

Ingredients:
2 brownie mixes
1 extra large egg
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 (8 oz.) containers whipped topping
1 (3 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding
1 (3 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
3 1/2 cups milk
1 Hershey candy bar or chocolate syrup

Directions: Mix brownie mixes according to directions. Add egg. Bake in 9x13 inch greased and floured cake pan. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 container whipped topping. Put this mix on top of the cooled brownies. Blend puddings and milk together and put on top of the cream cheese mixture. Top with another layer of whipped topping. Put chocolate shavings or chocolate syrup on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I want to make this, everyone says it looks really good. I saw it on Facebook yesterday morning. But, I'm not sure I want to do vanilla pudding with the chocolate. I think I want to do another flavor. My question to you ladies, what do you think would be the best flavor to go along with the chocolate?

Thanks =)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gmadiane
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

oh my goodness, yum

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks good right? I just finished it up. I used cheesecake and chocolate pudding, I swirled them together on top. I wanted to use the Oreo pudding, but hubby couldn't find it.

Quoting gmadiane:

oh my goodness, yum

CafeMom Tickers
taniamorse85
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Mmm, that looks so good!  I'm definitely bookmarking this!  

As for the pudding flavor, just go to the pudding aisle and pick whatever you think would go with it.  There are so many that would go well with chocolate:  butterscotch, banana, coconut, white chocolate...

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

It was definitely good, but I tweeked the recipe a bit. 

I did 2 brownie mixes in a 9 x 13 pan, no extra egg.

Next layer, 2 8 oz boxes of cream cheese with 1 cup of powdered sugar beaten.

Then, the two boxes of pudding on top. I made cheesecake and chocolate pudding. Dropped it on in clumps and just swirled it on top. 

No one in the family likes cool whip, or "whipped topping" so I didn't use any of that. We had whipped cream if anyone wanted that though. 

The whole pan was demolished! No one touched the other desserts except the kids who wanted the strawberry cupcakes lol! 

Quoting taniamorse85:

Mmm, that looks so good!  I'm definitely bookmarking this!  

As for the pudding flavor, just go to the pudding aisle and pick whatever you think would go with it.  There are so many that would go well with chocolate:  butterscotch, banana, coconut, white chocolate...

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)