Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

can i freeze homemade cookie doughs?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
I want to start selling cookies and other baked goods and wanted to know if I could freeze the doughs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Yes you can.  Make a roll like you see in the stores, to freeze the dough in that shape rather than lumps.   

MrsWhite101610
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Thanks. Would I do anything special to defrost it or just leave it out?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes you can.  Make a roll like you see in the stores, to freeze the dough in that shape rather than lumps.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Found this online which is different on how i was taught growing up.  Google can be a girls best friend when baking.

How To Freeze Cookie Dough

Print Save Recipe

Ingredients:

Cookie Dough
Cookie Sheet or Baking Tray
Gallon Sized Ziploc bag
Permanent Marker

Directions:

1. Roll the entire batch of cookie dough into balls just like you would if you were baking them.

2. Fill a baking pan or tray (here I've used a 9x13 non-stick baking pan) with all the rolled cookie dough balls, leaving just enough space between the cookie dough balls that they don't get stuck together.

3. Stick the filled pan in the freezer. You don't need to cover it, but make sure to keep it flat so the balls don't move around and get stuck together.

4. Freeze until the cookie dough balls are hard. Meanwhile, take a gallon sized zip top freezer bag and label it with the recipe name, date, cooking temperature and time details.

5. Remove the pan from the freezer. Take all of the cookie dough balls out of the pan and place them in the labeled bag.

6. After filling, lay the bag flat (flat takes up less space). Remove as much air as possible. I like to zip the bag almost all the way and then stick a straw in the bag to suck out the excess air before I finish zipping it.

7. Stash the cookies in the freezer for later!

8. When I go to bake the frozen cookies I usually only thaw the cookies while the oven is preheating. I just let them bake about 2 minutes longer than the original recipe states.

MrsWhite101610
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Thanks

Quoting frndlyfn:

Found this online which is different on how i was taught growing up.  Google can be a girls best friend when baking.

Print Save Recipe

Ingredients:

Cookie Dough
Gallon Sized Ziploc bag
Permanent Marker

Directions:

1. Roll the entire batch of cookie dough into balls just like you would if you were baking them.

2. Fill a baking pan or tray (here I've used a 9x13 non-stick baking pan) with all the rolled cookie dough balls, leaving just enough space between the cookie dough balls that they don't get stuck together.

3. Stick the filled pan in the freezer. You don't need to cover it, but make sure to keep it flat so the balls don't move around and get stuck together.

4. Freeze until the cookie dough balls are hard. Meanwhile, take a gallon sized zip top freezer bag and label it with the recipe name, date, cooking temperature and time details.

5. Remove the pan from the freezer. Take all of the cookie dough balls out of the pan and place them in the labeled bag.

6. After filling, lay the bag flat (flat takes up less space). Remove as much air as possible. I like to zip the bag almost all the way and then stick a straw in the bag to suck out the excess air before I finish zipping it.

8. When I go to bake the frozen cookies I usually only thaw the cookies while the oven is preheating. I just let them bake about 2 minutes longer than the original recipe states.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diane1223
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Yes, most definitely...:)
conniejo75
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM
That's how I freeze mine too

Quoting frndlyfn:

Print Save Recipe

Ingredients:

Cookie Dough
Gallon Sized Ziploc bag
Permanent Marker

Directions:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN