Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Toffee Oat Cookies! So delish!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

Good morning sweets!  Today I am going to share what I consider to be the best cookie ever!  Toffee Bits Oatmeal Cookies!  I had a random craving for oatmeal cookies, but I wasn't feeling the idea of chocolate chips or raisins.  I had originally intended to make chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies using Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, but was inspired to try toffee bits instead as I was strolling down the baking aisle.  I'm super happy that I did because nothing I have baked has ever disappeared as quickly as these cookies did!  My family demolished them--especially my husband who is notorious for just "not liking sweets"!  I also went a step farther by melting the Hershey's bars and dipping the bottoms of the cookies in it.  This only made the cookie even better and I recommend everyone give both ways a whirl!  Serve them as dessert with milk, or pack them away with your loved ones for a little mid day pick me up!

Also, these cookies are only about 150 calories per serving!!
Total win!

\
Hershey's Milk Chocolate dipped Toffee Oar Cookie!

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

House of DLC

by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
manicMOM_DLC
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Bump!
MistressMinerva
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM

They look so yummy. Thanks for sharing.

taniamorse85
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Yum!  I definitely need to try these as soon as I get more oatmeal.  I used up the last of it on some oatmeal raisin cookies just a few days ago.  I'll use sugar instead of Truvia, though.  I've tried that stuff, and I can't stand it.  I swear it tastes like salt to me.  Fortunately, Truvia has the conversion between the baking blend and sugar on their site (1 part baking blend = 2 parts sugar).

Diane1223
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Looks yummy
Tallmomma
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Thanks for sharing that sounds sooo good!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)