Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Homemade Poptarts

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter LOVES poptarts (specifically strawberry), she got hooked when I was working and she would eat one in the morning because we left so early she could continue eating on the way to daycare.  It was like that only for a few weeks but she was hooked.  She is sensitive to red dye so store bought is out of the question. I have found a few recipes but they only make 6-8 poptarts.  I wa shoping to make enough for two weeks at a time (she eats 1-2 poptarts a morning but I'm pushing for a piece of fruit or yogurt instead of a second one). 

Any tips?  Can I freeze them after baking or just before?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Heather on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

From what i know, yes you can freeze them just like you can freeze the store bought ones.   I would freeze after baking so you can just pop them in toaster for the mornings.

brownhoney21
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM

This is what I would do.

Quoting frndlyfn:

From what i know, yes you can freeze them just like you can freeze the store bought ones.   I would freeze after baking so you can just pop them in toaster for the mornings.

Kellileanne
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

How long do you freeze them for?  I'm wanting to make a huge batch so I'm not making them ever weekend.

Quoting brownhoney21:

This is what I would do.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hoevegirl1986
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I would love the recipe please my son loves poptarts, with all his food allergies i make as much as i can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

I would love the recipe please my son loves poptarts, with all his food allergies i make as much as i can.
I'm thinking this recipe maybe, but store bought preserves. http://www.completelydelicious.com/2011/03/homemade-strawberry-pop-tarts.html
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)