Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

What is happening in your kitchen today?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 19 Replies

It's been awhile since I've been active in here. It sure has gotten quiet! 

Today I am finishing up some chicken stock and trying to put my kitchen together, so I can make cupcakes later this week. We recently moved back to the states from Germany. While I will greatly miss it there I'm glad I can easily find ingredients and supplies needed to make my cupcakes without having to wait a few weeks for them to come in the mail!

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
afrocolombia
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Today I want to make oatmeal cookies and banana cake for the wedding anniversary of my parents. I hope the recipe looks like the photo. lol

nyxiemist
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting afrocolombia:

Today I want to make oatmeal cookies and banana cake for the wedding anniversary of my parents. I hope the recipe looks like the photo. lol

Banana cake is yummy!

nyxiemist
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Today I was going to make Vanilla Chai Latte cupcakes until I discovered I was short on butter. I have to wait until tomorrow to get to the store. I should at least be able to ake some bread today.

afrocolombia
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM

If your recipe allows, you can replace butter with corn oil. :)

Quoting nyxiemist:

Today I was going to make Vanilla Chai Latte cupcakes until I discovered I was short on butter. I have to wait until tomorrow to get to the store. I should at least be able to ake some bread today.

nyxiemist
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Quoting afrocolombia:

If your recipe allows, you can replace butter with corn oil. :)

Quoting nyxiemist:

I don't have any. All I have is coconut oil and olive oil. We just moved and haven't stocked up on everything. :(

afrocolombia
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Sad, and olive oil will change the flavor.

nyxiemist
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I made them today! Dh stopped at the store for me! The icing was a bit soft, so it didn't pipe like it usually does. Too much vanilla.

Vanilla Chai Latte with Spiced Cream Cheese filling and icing.

subiemama
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:38 AM

I'm craving pineapple upside down cake..so I got the necessities for those at the grocery and am going to make it this weekend...Hurry up Saturday :)

subiemama
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting nyxiemist:

I made them today! Dh stopped at the store for me! The icing was a bit soft, so it didn't pipe like it usually does. Too much vanilla.

Those look fabulous
nyxiemist
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Quoting subiemama:

Quoting nyxiemist:

Those look fabulous

They are very good!  All I did with the cream cheese icing was mix up the chai spice listed for the cake and added it to the icing until I got the flavor I wanted. It made almost 3 dozen cupcakes.

http://rabbithearts.com/2010/10/11/fabulous-fall-cupcakes/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)