Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Aaarrrggh!! I hate small hands! (Yes kitchen related)

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have a Kitchen-Aid stick blender that I love. It came with an attachment that looks like this...

I got the blender for the other attachments but have never tried this one before. I barely got it open the first time. Should have been a sign not to use it. Anyway I put my ingredients in and got the lid back on. Blended everything to where I wanted it and now I can't get the lid off! 

If you have one, how the heck do you get the lid off? I tried twisting to pop it open like I did when I put the ingredients in, but can't get it to move. I have small hands and some arthritis in my thumb, so no go. So now my lunch sits in the fridge until DH get's home or I figure out how to get it open. This sucks!

by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Heather on Aug. 11, 2013 at 5:06 AM

oh man.  did hubby figure it out?  I would think there are instructions for it.   I felt like a dummy since i was not able to blow up water wings for dd to go swimming.  We are returning them for a swim vest.

chefmartha
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Yeah there are instructions but we just moved and all my Kitchen-Aid equipment instructions are in one of the boxes with my cookbooks that I don't have room for right now. LOL...It took me an hour but I di finally get it opened. What really sucked was that I tried to recreate it for DH when he got home and couldn't. If my DS had been hom I would have had him open it. As it was both big men laughed at me (again) for having small hands....LOL.... that is until they need me to get something they can't get because of their big hands. (shm) 

Quoting frndlyfn:

oh man.  did hubby figure it out?  I would think there are instructions for it.   I felt like a dummy since i was not able to blow up water wings for dd to go swimming.  We are returning them for a swim vest.

doostica
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Im sorry I had to! I love this commercial!

frndlyfn
by Heather on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM

oh the big hand/little hand debate goes on here as well.  I have long small fingers, my guy has the thick stubby ones and then we have dd with her 7 yr old hands for really tight spots LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)