Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

APPLES!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
25mamaof3
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Clinton Kelly's Mini Apple Pies apple pie clinton kelly 5ec4b75d-9f2f-4120-b84c-37cf9fae3103 1 2 3 4 5 rate this recipecomments (0)add to recipe box print recipe So delicious you won't want to share. skill level Easytime 30-60minservings 8 to 10cost $Contributed by : Clinton Kelly If you've only had baked apple pie, then you're missing out. This bite sized fried version melts in your mouth. share Twitter 0 Pinterest 10 things you'll need. ingredients 2 tablespoon Butter 1/2 cup Sugar 1 teaspoon Cinnamon 5 Granny Smith Apples (peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes) Juice and zest of 1 Lemon 1/8 cup All-Purpose Flour 1 package Pie Dough Vegetable Oil (for frying) kitchenware previoussautepan1 Saute Pan cuttingboardpng Cutting Board liquidmeasuringcuppng Liquid Measuring Cup measuringcupsset4png Measuring Cup (set) measuringspoonspng Measuring Spoons rollingpinpng Rolling Pin biscuitcutterpng Biscuit Cutter nextGo to the Recipe Wall step by step directions. We've Made Cooking As Easy As 1-2-3! print recipe step 1ingredients 2 tablespoon Butter 1/2 cup Sugar 1 teaspoon Cinnamon 5 Granny Smith Apples (peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes) Juice and zest of 1 Lemon 1/8 cup All-Purpose Flour instructions In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat the butter until it foams and subsides, then add the apples, cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice and zest, and flour, cooking until apples have broken down and softened. Set aside. step 2ingredients 1 package Pie Dough instructions On a floured surface, roll out the pie dough. Using a floured cookie cutter, cut out rounds of the dough. Spoon in 2 tablespoons of apple mixture. Fold into a half moon and crimp the dough closed. step 3ingredients instructions Preheat oil to 375F. step 4ingredients Vegetable Oil (for frying) instructions Drop mini pies into oil, cooking until pies are golden brown. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain and cool before serving.
gmadiane
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I love granny smith apples, yum

lilmomma365
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Just made my first apple pie of the year.  Usually don't start baking till it gets cool out but I  live in Texas so...  It turned out good but could have been better.  Got to work out the kinks.  I used a combo of Granny Smith and golden delicious so it would not be so tart.  I love using honey crisp bit they were not on sale.  V

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN