Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Homemade Fudge

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM
  • 3 Replies
ingredients 1 1/2 cups toasted mixed nuts and/or dried fruits 1 pound good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped) 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pats) 1 can sweetened condensed milk Pinch salt 2 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or strongly brewed espresso or liqueur kitchenware previous8x8x2png 8x8x2 pan mixingbowlpng Mixing Bowl mixingspoonpng Mixing Spoon chefsknifepng Chef's Knife liquidmeasuringcuppng Liquid Measuring Cup measuringcupsset4png Measuring Cup (set) measuringspoonspng Measuring Spoons nextGo to the Recipe Wall step by step directions. We've Made Cooking As Easy As 1-2-3! print recipe step 1ingredients instructions Line an 8"x8" pan with two strips of parchment paper the width of the pan with at least 3" of overhang on each side. step 2ingredients 1 pound good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped) 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pats) 1 can sweetened condensed milk Pinch salt instructions In a glass bowl, mix chocolate, butter, milk and salt. Place bowl over double boiler with simmering water. Stir until chocolate is smooth, about 5 - 10 minutes. step 3ingredients 1 1/2 cups toasted mixed nuts and/or dried fruits 2 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or strongly brewed espresso or liqueur instructions Remove bowl from heat, dry bottom of bowl, and stir in extract, coffee or liqueur. Fold in nuts/dried fruit of choice. Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth with spoon or offset spatula. step 4ingredients instructions Chill in fridge until set, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut fudge into desired size with a sharp knife. After each cut, wipe knife with a damp paper towel. Enjoy!
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gmadiane
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I find fudge a little tricky to make, thanks for the recipe

25mamaof3
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I've never made it either but I thoughht this one sounded yummy. If I give it a try I'll post how it comes out.
maryBlanche
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I usually follow the See's Fudge recipe, but this one sounds interesting. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN