Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

Leftovers

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 12:05 AM
  • 4 Replies

So after the Thanksgiving meal...........what are you going to do with all the left overs.  Do you keep reheating them until they are gone. Do you make TV dinners with them and freeze them?  Or make casseroles?

I like making casseroles,  dressing on the bottom then some turkey, they some sweet potatos, an mashed and more turkey, some gravey on top and heat until warm all the way through on a 350 overn takes about half our,   I love these but my hubby doesn't like leftovers....he's a little strange sometimes...lol

But what do you do?

Any great receipes?     

by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tomatoqueen
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 12:20 AM

We eat lots of cold turkey. It is just me and my two teen boys. Granted, they can eat more than an army, but we over cook. We get the biggest turkey in the sale bin...this year,a 19 pound turkey.

We also make turkey pot pie...yum. I am thinking about turkey enchiladas.

SamanthaAgain
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 12:26 AM

I freeze it in baggies and have turkey sandwiches!  That's it! lol.  I also got the biggest turkey I could find (23 lbs) and it's just 4 of us eating this year.

famblink35.gifMy2thBlinkie.gifstepmom.gifTattoed Mommy

5BabyBees
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 9:32 AM

We also buy the largest turkey we can find so we have lots of leftovers!  I make sandwiches/paninis , casseroles, enchiladas, hash, quesadillas and nachos, soups and stuff crescent rolls, pita pockets or tortilla wraps.

Boothfamily
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 10:51 AM

We will have another meal of it on Friday. Then if there's any turkey left we will do sandwiches. The dressing and all the other will be ate by Friday Probably! Leftovers are the best :D

~
D
ana~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)