Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking 101 Baking 101

How many are sad they are not home...

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 8:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

for the holiday,meaning,with parents,siblings.etc.I myself am not.I am with family with dh family but to me its still diffrent.Living in diffrent states I miss them dearly.Only three hours away but I cant make the drive due to financial reasons.How many of you are in my boat?

by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bam920
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 8:15 AM

We are.  1400 miles seperates us from our family.  We get to go home Dec 15-22nd though, I am very excited.

Take care!

mom2savannah731
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 8:33 AM

I am in the same boat.  My family lives 720 miles away.  It makes it really hard on holidays.  We have his mom nearby but that does not make it much easier.  I could not even have gone home this year if I wanted to, my parents are at my grandparents in MS and my sister is at her hubby's family.  My MIL is in CA so it is going to be quiet day today.  One thing that has made it a little easier is that we have gotten webcams and we get on during the dinner on holidays so that It makes me feel like I am there, without having to do the dishes lol.  My parents are going to try and get on the webcam at my grandparents house and see if it works so they can see DD who they have only seen in pictures.

Good luck, I know how hard it can be.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

RAINandTYsMom
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 10:21 AM

I am there mama. I only live an hour and a half away from my mom & dad. But for financial reasons couldn't go home.  Instead mom & dad went to my sisters house (6hrs away from me). We are going to DH's Grandma's to have dinner with her and his mom. Like you say, it won't be the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN