Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM
  • 23 Replies

Your pots? LOL,I don't have a complete set of anything,it's so comical looking when I cook dinner!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AudHill
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Mine are brand new. I just got them about a month ago. :) (Williams and Sonoma was having a sale) :-)

3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:39 AM

My pots range from a few weeks old to probably 10-12 years for one big one I rarely use.  I have some pans older than that.  I never buy sets because there's always something weird I don't need. If you're looking for pots Amazon's outlet store has had some amazing bargains the past few years - that's where I bought my last several pots.  Happy cooking!

bluegirl3957
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I have Vision cookware that is pretty old, a few random pots that could be as old as I am (30+), and some nice waterless cookware that's less than 7 years old.  My stove never matches and I'd love all of my pieces to match.  : )

butterflygirlco
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Mine Range from whatever I have of my inlaws (at least 20 years) to mine which are maybe 3 years old!

bam920
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:52 AM

None of mine match.  They are hand-me downs, and bought here and there.  Oh well!

dutchiss
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:54 AM

You know, I have a hodge podge of old and new!  Some of my oldest pots are ones I love to use for particular foods.. one pan browns great so I use that when I'm making a meat and want a good gravy, one dutch oven is as old as the hills, it was my grandmothers and it is a nice heavy stainless that is wonderful for soups and stews..

I love to cook and have passed that love along to my adult son. Its great when my mom, my son and I are all together cooking a big meal. We're all grabbing spices and pots and of course most things start w/ College Inn stock from the pantry.  Dont ask me to bake tho, YUCK! Its much more fun for me to cook, I'm not real big w/ measurements so cooking is great, baking is not so good...

kyleighsmama07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:58 AM

i have some (brand new i say) that i got last february (wearever) LOVE THEM!!! and i have some older pots and pans

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar
JayGirlsMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:42 AM

When we got married, I registered for an awsome set of pots and pans. but the set was pricey. I guess I thought that a few couples or a family would go together and buy us the set. but NO! we didnt' get even one pot or one pan for our wedding! (7 years ago), so, since then, I bought a $29.99 set on sale at Walmart. (THEY StinK!) and I have some really ooooold ones from my mom as hand me downs. we will prolly get some terrible sickness from eating off such old cookware!
so, needless to say, that with a one year old, we cook two or three meals at home each day, and I would love and cherish a beautiful set of All-Clad cookware!!!!  I could be the next Rachale Ray!!!!  lmbo! =-)

baking

happy new year 2009hoping your 2009 is GRAND! ~K~

shaecastle
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I have a cast iron skillet that is probably older than me that my Dad gave to me.  I have a copper bottom pot that I know is at least 30 years old that my MIL gave to me.  My 'main' pot is 23 years old, a stainless steel one I bought before getting married.  Nothing I have is less than 15 years old and I never had a set, not even one thing matches.

GPSGKR
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Well I have been married for 17+ yrs and I still have most of the pots from my shower.  I just (in the last 2 yrs)bought a new frying pan and love it. My pots for the most part are in good condition.  I cook about 5 nights a week. Most of them are Farberwear.

Pam        happy new year 2009

2009 will be devine!!!!!     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)