Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this too much for a one year old class at daycare?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM
  • 16 Replies

Landon is 21 months and his daycare is having a spring party at daycare. Well I thought it would be fun to make indavisual dirt cakes in sand pales. A dirt cake is crushed oreos, chocolate pudding, and gummy worms layered in the little pales with a small shovel to eat it with. Then on top of each one is going to be a small easter egg with a sticker or two in it. Is that too much? My mom says Im going way overboard for a one year old class. But I love doing things like this. She is telling me that Im going to get made fun of if I walk in with that. What do you think?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..JessIca..
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Bump.............. Nothing?

tanman0107
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM
i think it is a cute idea, i wouldnt do the big giant buckets though. but a ery cute idea! what one year old doesnt like to play in "dirt"
..JessIca..
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM

At walmart they sell mini pales and shovels. Like the size of a fist, so it will be toddler size :)

Quoting tanman0107:

i think it is a cute idea, i wouldnt do the big giant buckets though. but a ery cute idea! what one year old doesnt like to play in "dirt"

mamabear99
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I think this is cute.  Before I was a mom of 2 children with disabilities (which now take up all of  my time) I used to do fun things for my daughters class and friends.  I don't think that you will be made fun of because a preschool class is supposed to be about fun and interaction.

Have Fun!! 

MamaK88
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Cute...but I thinks it's more appropriate for a 3 y/o. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

floral peace sign pin The Doors Doug LubahnImage Preview

ohwrite
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I think it's a great idea! The kids will love it, the teacher will love it, and the other parents will be copying what you did for Easter Sunday!!

I used to love doing things like that for my kids classes, and no one ever made fun of me for it!

Enjoy, they're only small for a short time.....

MellieAndRiley
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I think it's adorable!  :)

scrapbooker12
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I run a in hme day care and I think it is fine. The only thing I would suggest is maybe see how the teacher or care giver feels. And since they are younger maybe bring in extra wet wipes to help with cleaning up the kids. let us know how it goes please.

Scrapbooker12
diana3d
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Quoting MamaK88:

Cute...but I thinks it's more appropriate for a 3 y/o. 

What a cute idea! I love it but, I have to agree. I have always worked in daycare as a teacher and Director. The teacher has her hands full in that class as it is so having one years olds with a bucket of cake might be much for her. They appreciate and I'm sure they won't say no but, again remember these are 1yr olds. LOLOLOLOL...........I know I couldn't handle it...............LOLOL

Have fun with it!

~~ diana ~~

LuckyShelly
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM

What if you did one big pan of it (13x9), as like one big Flower Bed? You could put fake flowers in it, and lay some gummy worms on top? Then the teacher could take it out for them, instead of them haivng buckts and making a mess with it. I think its a good idea though.

I dont think you would get made fun of either. they are 1 :) Its supposed to be fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)