Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CARDIO MYOPATHY

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 155 Total Views
MY 9 MO OLD SON WAS BORN WITH CONGENITAL HYPERTROPHIC CARDIO MYOPATHY W/ PULMANARY STENOSIS I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO IS BUT THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS HEART IS DEFECTED? DOES YOUR DAUGHTER HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS OR DEVELOPMENTAL DELAYS?
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
RBiggs04
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2007 at 5:39 PM
They told us when our son was born that it was a possibility that he would have developemental delays but he's 2 1/2 and I have never saw anything that would say he is behind. Samuel doesn't have a right ventricle and his aortic arch was interrupted as well.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries to date.  As a matter of fact when he was 11 months old he was evaluated and they said he was in the top 60 % percentile of "normal" kids.  He also started walking before he was one too.  He's very smart.  I've never taken what the doctors have told me to be the final word.  Work with your son everyday.  Do what you think you have to do to build him up.  I don't know where you live but here in GA on our cable channels we have kid shows that cater to babies on up past 7 that teaches them numbers, letters, colors...etc.  Samuel watches those shows everyday for an hour and he can count, do his ABC's and he's learned a little sign language too.  Give the exposure of learning and I am positive your little one will soak it right up. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)