Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Worried

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

I am so worried.  My daughter faith is 4 yrs old and her teacher just told me today that she thinks Faith needs glasses.  I am so hoping she is wrong.  I have called the dr office and am hoping they call me back tomorrow to schedule a appt.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Haddy174
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Don't worry to much. If she does need glasses at least you found out now! If you need to talk let me know I am here for you. You know how to get a hold of me and how to find me!!!! I did this with Nicole not to long ago.

jenke
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Yeah I did it with Brett but the teacher never came flat out and told me that he needed glasses they were just concerned and come to find out it was just a muscle in his eye.   Faiths teacher said she is positive she needs them.  I am making a appt tomorrow but I am going to go talk with dr ingersoll at gta and get his suggestion on dr I did not care for dr noss when i took brett to him and I have been referred to another dr who sounds great but i want the schools opinion as she will be attending there in the fall. 

Quoting Haddy174:

Don't worry to much. If she does need glasses at least you found out now! If you need to talk let me know I am here for you. You know how to get a hold of me and how to find me!!!! I did this with Nicole not to long ago.

fern624
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM

You know they are right its a great thing that they found out and a teacher of all people noticed it..she will ajust now then later...Honest ..fern 

pregnantagain07
by Member on Jan. 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM

it will be ok. if she does need glasses it better to find out now so she doesnt struggle later. my daughter is 4 also and she just recently failed an eye exam in preschool so she has an apt. tomorrow. i do wear glasses myself so it is a possibility she may need them. glasses are ok though it will be alright. im here if you need me.

jenke
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Thank You,  I know it is better to find out sooner rather than later and we really did anticipate the kids needing glasses as both myself and my hubby wear them, but I never anticipated so young.  But I know it will be fne just being the  mom i feel i should have noticed that there was a problem. 

Quoting pregnantagain07:

it will be ok. if she does need glasses it better to find out now so she doesnt struggle later. my daughter is 4 also and she just recently failed an eye exam in preschool so she has an apt. tomorrow. i do wear glasses myself so it is a possibility she may need them. glasses are ok though it will be alright. im here if you need me.

pregnantagain07
by Member on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:55 AM

i took my daughter today and she will be getting glasses. im actually kind of excited for her. now she can look like mommy.big smile mini

Quoting jenke:

Thank You,  I know it is better to find out sooner rather than later and we really did anticipate the kids needing glasses as both myself and my hubby wear them, but I never anticipated so young.  But I know it will be fne just being the  mom i feel i should have noticed that there was a problem. 

Quoting pregnantagain07:

jenke
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Well she needs glasses her eyes are pretty bad which could explain a lot.  The dr is starting her prescrition lower than what it is so she can get used to it then in 6 months adjust it.  She picked out some really cute pink glasses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)