• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of the Week--Survey (Lapis_Lazuli)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

Mom of the Week Survey:

Hair Color: Currently, soft black--I dyed it to try something new. Naturally, I have fiery auburn hair.

Eye Color: Warm brown

Nicknames: Andie, Dee, Dandy

Favorite Color: Gold, generally--not the sparkly gold that is ostentatious, but the soft, sweet golds of nature.

Pets: I have two cats--Remy LaBeau (orange tabby) and Oscar de la Renta (black tabby); and I have two dogs--Pepper Potts (Rat Terrier) and Pope Dickens (cream colored miniature cocker spaniel).

Favorite Type of Music: Hard to say--I love country, but not all the time; I almost always love Rock; I listen to Portuguese, Korean, Icelandic, and Swedish music as well, even though I can’t understand them. I love Classical, and musicals, heavy metal, and jazz. I’m agreeable =)

Hobbies: Scrapbooking, Reading anything I can get my hands on, and Party Planning

Words or Phrases You Overuse: I am terrible, I say LOL and LMAO all the time. In spoken conversation, I “swear” (cheese and crackers! Frickin-frackin-frack! Barnacles!)  a little frequently. 

Favorite Food: Hot Wings--I love spice. Avocados, Cream of Potato soup, Freebirds Carnitas tacos.

Favorite Ice Cream: Essencia brand Italian Style Mixed Berry Cheesecake and Peanut Butter Toffee Crunch. The essencia brand never gets hard or crusty--its always as soft and creamy as the first bowl.

Favorite Perfume: I am, woefully, allergic.

Favorite Quote: The quote I want to stencil on Emerald’s wall: “The earth laughs in flowers” (Ralph Waldo Emerson). There is such simple joy in that statement.

Favorite Movies: Big Fish, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Memoirs of a Geisha. Anything by Tim Burton. 

Favorite TV Show: House, MD.

Favorite Books: All of the Harry Potters; Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained; I, Jedi; Spider-man “The Other”.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gacgbaker
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I like to read a lot too... have you read anything good lately?

Great to get to know you more!

RoseSiO2
by Group Admin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Ditto on the reading.  I also loved Eternal Sunshine- awesome movie.

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Oh, I have read a lot of great stuff lately. One of my favorite contemporary authors is Jodi Picolt--she wrote "My Sister's Keeper", "Keeping Faith", and "The Pact" (as well as many others I have read) and every one is amazing. 

Also, "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd and "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Seabold are both really good as well. 

=)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)