Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stuck on a name. HELP!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

LOL LADIES!! I NEED SOME HELP!

Of course, I had a name all picked out well before we got pregnant if we had a boy, but we are having another girl!  My first daughters name wasn't decided actually until the day she was born, I was set on Brianna but her dad didn't like it.  When she was born I said 'she doesn't have a name' and hubby said oh yes she does, brianna!!! aww, thats love!! haha, anywayssss!

Yesterday, I spent the ENTIRE day going through the baby name book for girls, and after reading EVERY SINGLE NAME I still cant pick one.. the only names I really like are.

Rileigh-- which I'm almost sure I'm stuck on for a first name

Makenzie-- middle or first?

Ellie-- is what we were thinking of naming her when we first found out a girl, but now I'm not so sure I want that as a first name. Everyone has been calling her Ellie (my family, my DD), so I was hoping to put it somewhere!

Jean-- my middle name, and wanted to include it in there, but I need 2 middle names!

Like I said, her sisters name is Brianna, and I think Rileigh and Brianna sound really cute together!! Spelling- theres Riley, Rylei, or Rileigh. I know it can be both boy and girl, so I'm leaning towards Rileigh being more girly.

PLEASE LADIES-- HELP ME!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexymom09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I like names that are unisex so of course I like Riley....:-)

GavinMckaysMama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I call my daughter Ellie... but its short for gabrielle :)

SarahBethK
by Group Owner on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Rylie Ellei-Jean?

Riley Mackenzie Jean or Riley Jean Mackenzie

I like Riley Jean Mackenzie bestest.

AmiJanell
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I don't like Rileigh or Makenzie too boyish. I don't think that Rileigh looks more feminine I think it looks misspelled. I would go with Rylie.

Ellie make a cute nickname... but what about something more substantial???

Eliana, Ellyse, Ellinor, Ellison, Elizabeth

bmwmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I like Ellie and Ella. I don't like the spelling Rileigh. If I were to choose, it would be Rylie or Rylee.

Ellie Jean Makenzie

Rylie Ella Jean

Ella Rylie Jean

annaica
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Ryleigh is the spelling I like.  It sounds very good w/Brianna!

Everyone called Khloe (my 4 month old dd) Caelyn until the day she was born because it was the first name I came up with and thought it was the one, but Khloe just nestled itself in and won our hearts completely over:) No biggie!  Like anyone still remembers or cares anymore, KWIM?

How about Ryleigh Eliana Jean?

BabydollJenni
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

what about ellie or ella jean

mackenzie elle

ryleigh jean

ryleigh mackenzie?

its using all the names you like

i don't care so much for mackenzie or jean but jean isn't bad for a middle name at least.

HisMommaNikki
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

rylee ellie jean!! :)

april678
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM

How about: Ryleigh Jean-Mackenzie...You may or may not like it, but that's your decision. For my first daughter, I was gonna name her: Dominique LaShonda-Sierra, and I was gonna give her my moms maiden name, but I was thinkin' about how she would feel when she went to school, and had to spell her name. So, I named her: Dominique LaShonda, and she has her father's last name, and he's deceased. So you need to think about how the child is gonna feel when they begin to write their name. That's what I had to do. Good Luck!!

JoyCampBell
by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM

How about putting Ellie and Jean in one? and do Jeanelle...Ellie could be  a nick name

Rileigh Jeanelle

Jeanelle Rileigh

I think Brianna goes well with Jeanelle and Rileigh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)