Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

black/white mixed babies names HELP

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 50235 Total Views

I AM PREGNANT WITH MY FIRST BABY AN I AM ONLY 6 WEEKS BUT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING IN TO SOME NAMES ...AN THE ONLY TWO I CAN THINK OF IS (BOY)- DESHAWN  (GIRL)- MIA .... I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME MORE IDEAS .. I DONT WANT TO GIVE IT A ONE RACE NAME . PLZ HELP ME IF YOU CAN ANYTHING WILL HELP

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmammamo
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:48 PM

devan

aaliyah

drake

craig

naima

sienna

willow

carter

jackson

Heather2829
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM

My neice is biracial and her name is Alyvia

Vashtiruescode3
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this

I've never really thought of any names as "racial" names. I think all names work for everyone, it's just parents style that dictates their choices.

Don't get me wrong, I've never met anyone named Shaniqua or Ahmed, and obviously some names seem to come from specific races, but it doesn't mean that that name is for one one race only.

If you find a name you LOVE, stick with it.

Hope all of my rambling made sense.

SarahBethK
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Taye

Shawn

Mekhi

Mela

Nia

Anaya

Amira

avismama
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM
My mixed girls names r Avianna,Ava,and Keira.If I have a boy ever he'll b Troy III,Jaiveon or Cassius(Cash)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My daughter's name is Brylee and my son's name is Gabriel they are both biracial.

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

How about: 

Rihanna

Jasmine 

Noelle

Natalia

Valeria

Alexis

Serenity 

Ruby 

Isaiah 

Jayden

Gabriel

Julian

Adrian

Xavier

Damian

Because everyone is looking at their cultural backgrounds to find significant names for their babies, most names are not confined to one race or have a racial association as much as they did in the past. I suggest finding names that you truly love and worry less about what race it is associated with :) 

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I know a woman who named her son Treyshawn.

You couldn't really tell, but his father was black.

She made fun of my son's name once to my husband and so he said, "who are you to talk?you named your kid two names in one." lol

She defended it by saying it's cool because he has a choice for nickname.

The more I thought about it I thought it wasa good idea because he could go by the full name and sound black, or go by one of the two and sound more white, whatever his preference.

Journeytobe
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Aaliyah is a beautiful name! 
I also LOVE the name Esme (pronounced Ez-may)...My husband hated this name for a girl, but i think it's so unique and pretty!
Or Nila [pronounced Nee-la] (i have a friend who has a bi-racial little girl and her name is Nila and i've always thought it was a beautiful name!), Anya, Ava ...

Boys:  Jamar has became a favorite of mine since Jamar on The Voice :) Soo Jamar, Jordan, Trey ... 
I don't really like Deshawn at all.  

TigressLily
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:14 PM

My niece's name is Bionca {instead of the more common spelling of Bianca}. She is white, and I've known another white girl and a couple black girls to have that name. So for a girl Bionca/Bianca would be my suggestion. DeShawn sounds like a black name to me, never heard of a white boy being named something with "De" in it. I like the name Mia for a girl. For a boy, a suggestion would be Alex, Brady, or Derek/Derrick. Another girl name suggestion from me would be Ava.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN