Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 143 Total Views

I'm due any minute and haven't found a name I LOVE for baby #3! (DD #2)

My only "rules" Can't be in the top 1,000 for either gender. Has to have a traditional spelling (unless it's Irish, then a traditional Americanized spelling would be OK) I tend to prefer more feminine sounding names over unisex but I wouldn't rule a more unisex name out necessarily.

So... ideas?!

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AquariusFemale9
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

What kind of background are you looking for? Biblical? Irish? Idk lol just a random pretty French name is Belle Reine. means "Beautiful Queen"

Blueliner
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I'm open to any background. DD's name is Irish and DS's name is Finnish. I'm surprised Belle isn't in the top 1000! It's kinda too close to Bella which ranks really high though...

Quoting AquariusFemale9:

What kind of background are you looking for? Biblical? Irish? Idk lol just a random pretty French name is Belle Reine. means "Beautiful Queen"

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Some less common Irish names: Bryna ("Strong One"), Caelan ("Slender"), Finola ("Fair Shouldered"), Keeva/Kiva ("Kind, Beautiful, Gentle"), Riona ("Queen").

And Finnish: Aina, Elina ("Torch"), Henna ("Home Ruler"), Laine ("Wave")

And just some cool, lesser used names: Amabel, Caia, Pippa, Saffron, Verena, Annora, Branwen, Bronwyn, Leonora, Leora, Leona, Elia, Corin, Aurelia, Cornelia, India, Lucia, Maisie, Mira, and Tulia.  

Blueliner
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Keeva, Mira (Meera), and Aurelia are OML lol... Elia is her cousins name.

Pippa, Saffron, Amabel, Branwen, Bronwyn, India and Maisie aren't my style. The others are OK but nothing is jumping out at me as THE name... 

I'd say about half of them are on track though if you want to keep throwing some out at me!

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

Some less common Irish names: Bryna ("Strong One"), Caelan ("Slender"), Finola ("Fair Shouldered"), Keeva/Kiva ("Kind, Beautiful, Gentle"), Riona ("Queen").

And Finnish: Aina, Elina ("Torch"), Henna ("Home Ruler"), Laine ("Wave")

And just some cool, lesser used names: Amabel, Caia, Pippa, Saffron, Verena, Annora, Branwen, Bronwyn, Leonora, Leora, Leona, Elia, Corin, Aurelia, Cornelia, India, Lucia, Maisie, Mira, and Tulia.  

Mama869
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Have you tried nymber.com you can put in ur kids names or names you like and it will give names you may like
Blueliner
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I haven't, I'll check that out!

Quoting Mama869:

Have you tried nymber.com you can put in ur kids names or names you like and it will give names you may like

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)