Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas please?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 139 Total Views

I won't find out weather I'm having a boy or girl until June, but I'm getting really excited about names! Can you girls help me come up with some really cute names? I like very original/unique names, nothing like Brandon, Sarah, John, Mark...etc.. My boys' names are Jericho, Derringer, and Lachlan. Some names I like are:

Shadrach, August, Declan, Ronin, Justus, Riggs.....(Middle name will either be Theodore, Philip or Orville.)

Irelyn, Novalyn, Bryony, Briar, Blythe.... (My first choice for middle name is Mae, my mom's middle name. (her first name is Paula, not really middle name material.) I could use my MIL's name, Nancy, but as this could be my last child, I'd rather use my mom's.) 

For girls I don't want any masculine names, and I don't really like gender neutral names. Although I guess August, Blythe and even Jericho can be arguably asexual...but I definlitely don't see them as interchangeable...oh well... Can't wait to see what awesome names you ladies will come up with!!

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

First: you all ready know, I love the names Jericho, Derringer, and Lachlan. Especially Derringer--that is just too cool!! 

My favorites of your picks: 

Riggs--I adore; it sounds ruggedly manly but still super sweet like your other boy names

Novalyn--it is just pretty and fun! 

I really hope you have a girl; boys are fabulous, but little girls are so so much fun to name!!

I will submit new names soon; good luck!! 

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM

What about Briggs? I like that :)

I think Rowan or Bronan would go with your other boy names.

The only one of your girl's names I don't love is Novalyn, because it reminds me of the main character Novalee, from that movie / book, "Where the Heart is." Actually, my ex husband's cousin just named her daugher Novalee..

I think Bryony Mae sounds awesome.

MaddieLainesMom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Love your kids names! I absolutely love the name Lachlan (if I ever have a boy it's atop my list). 

Of your choices I really like Declan and Irelyn the best. I think Declan Philip (or Theodore) is adorable and Irelyn Mae is just precious.

Other names to consider: Hagan, Seamus, Eamon, Nolan, Reid, Quaid, Ellison, Madigan, Grier, Trinley, Rylan, Emerson, and Blakely.

Jerichosmommy
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I do like B names, Briggs is a great form of Riggs! Thanks for the idea! Rowan is really cute too!

I got the name Novalyn from the movie "The whole wide world" with Renee Zellwieger (sp?) The movie is about the author Novalyne Price, I just feel in love with the name! I haven't heard of the name Novalee. I wish I were having twin girls, then I could use Irelyn Mae and Novalyn Nancy, hehe.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

What about Briggs? I like that :)

I think Rowan or Bronan would go with your other boy names.

The only one of your girl's names I don't love is Novalyn, because it reminds me of the main character Novalee, from that movie / book, "Where the Heart is." Actually, my ex husband's cousin just named her daugher Novalee..

I think Bryony Mae sounds awesome.

Jerichosmommy
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I know, don't you just love Lachlan?!?! Soo cute! lol :o) 

I'm kind of unsure about using the name Declan, because one of my distant cousins used that name...I know it's not a huge deal, since I found out after having Lachlan that another of my cousins had used Lachlan years earlier... 

Thanks for the boys names, they're cute! But the girl names you came up with all sound very masculine to me... even one of my nephews is Rylan, lol. Emerson is very pretty, but it is soo popular right now, I'd rather not use a popular name. 

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

Love your kids names! I absolutely love the name Lachlan (if I ever have a boy it's atop my list). 

Of your choices I really like Declan and Irelyn the best. I think Declan Philip (or Theodore) is adorable and Irelyn Mae is just precious.

Other names to consider: Hagan, Seamus, Eamon, Nolan, Reid, Quaid, Ellison, Madigan, Grier, Trinley, Rylan, Emerson, and Blakely.

HollieMariex3
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I love Bryony Mae!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)