Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with this name...

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

My grandpa is awesome...but his name is Ronald...I'd like to give the baby a middle name that honors him,but I don't like Ronald, Reginald, Roland....anything like that at all. Is there any variation of it or some nice name that has the same meaning?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jerichosmommy
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I named my son after my FIL, I hate his first name, Jon, so I used his Middle name for my son's middle name, Mark. I am also going to use my mom's middle name for this baby if it's a girl, because my mom's first name really isn't middle name material, it doesn't flow at all with anything. Could you use his middle name? Or would you rather use his first? Could you just shorten it to Ron? I think that is much better than Ronald. Ronaldo? lol :o) Good luck!

shortcake82418
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

lol i guess it's not going to work...he has no middle name.

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Ronald means "counsel rule"--

Roderick is similar; as is Roald. Rollin could, and it has a similar meaning. Variations of Ronald: Ronal, Roni, Ronn, Ronnie; international variations: Rey, Rainald, Raghnall. For a girl, you could Rona, Veronique. 

Other names that mean "counsel"--Alfred, Conrad, Cord, Rafe, Rainer, Redell. 

What is your grandfather's middle name, or his last name? You can honor him in that way. 

The letters rearranged can make: Nora (girl), Dan, Nord, Lando, Rand, Lon, Don, Dora, Ron, Nola (girl). 

Mama869
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM

maybe his middle or maiden name?

Cruz-s-mommy
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Orlando (has all the same letters. :-))
Jerichosmommy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I was just looking through my baby name book, and saw this name, it's kind of cute! Ronan/Ronin. There were a couple other ones that might work, Ronik, Ronny, Rondre, Rondez, Ronde. All of them have the short version of Ronald in it: Ron... I hope this may have helped a little! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)