Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Made Up Names

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 163 Total Views

How do you feel about invented names? Do you love 'em or hate 'em? Do you go on a case-by-case basis?

Some examples of invented names: 

Alivia Brayden Garren Tacy

Christia Brienna Greyson Taden 

Samanda Brogan Jaxon Tayla

Bryson Jaya Cason Kiranda

Teagan Kierra Tevin Treyton

Chasen Kyler Zailey

and of course, the (in)famous Renesmee from the "Twilight"  series.

If you are a name inventor, share your creations here!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MaddieLainesMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Depends on the name really! On your list I like several -- Greyson, Teagan, Bryson, Brayden, Brogan, and Kyler. 

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on May. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

When I was a kid I decided to make up my ideal name. The name that had the perfect combination of sounds and the feeling that I wanted.

The result was Crincethia

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on May. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Also, when I was a teenager I came up with Brielle. I had never heard it before and I made it up for an Elf in a story I was writing.

I was shocked and felt ripped off when I started hearing people naming their kids my invented name lol

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on May. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I like made up names if they don't sound too made up.

Three that I have "invented" (totally didn't invent) were Kaomi, Katalya, and Greylind/Graylind. 

griefstrickin
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Well my children are named Tyasia Sheree, Tyler Joseph, Quayden Dorian, Lauryn Shaelyn, Questyn Sayre, Zakylan Cash, Zaylei Rain Ashyia and Emerie Ayla Grace.

Did they fit my children?yes to a T! Yes I could say I invented some of them but I have seen and heard many of their names through googling and found out there is an even older man named Questyn lol which I thought I came up with but no its a big world out there and was suprised to see that there are people with their names already lol. Its pronounced just like Preston but with Quest and that is his nn. Quayden nn is Quade like in Dennis Quaid lol! Now there are 3 other Tyasia's in my small country town lol! Also Zakylan goes by Kylan alot or kyky & Zaylei goes by Zayles :)
la_bella_vita
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I used to like the name Kyler.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)