Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Names of the Week, May 14th

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 95 Total Views

What do you think of these "names of the week"? Are there any you would use? Any on your list?

Boys: 

Baron

Langston

Girls: 

Agatha 

Edith

by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on May. 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Baron is ok. Wouldn't use it.

Not a fat of Langston... 

I would like Agatha except for two things... It has a bit of an unappealing association for me, plus reminds me of the word agony... but otherwise I do like the name.

Edith... I'm not sure. Gosh, I've been indecisive lately  lol. I have a good friend named Edith, and I love the - ith ending but... maybe the Ed part just throws me off a bit lol idk...

Lindyjf
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I like Edith.

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on May. 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM

First: Langston, I absolutely adore Langston. I have fallen super in love with it, and would use it in a heartbeat.

Baron is just okay to me--it rhymes with our last name, which automatically turns me away from  it and Barry isn't the most attractive of nicknames. 

Agatha I like, but I prefer Agneth. I don't know why--I think I like the classical-literary feeling it has for it. We couldn't use it however because Aggie is a super statement when you live in Texas, one you might not mean to make. We just want to avoid it all together.

Story about Edith: it was on my list when I was pregnant with my third baby. I showed it to my husband, and his exact response was "are we having an 80-year old lady?". 

-sigh- men. 

Since then, I have reevaluated Edith. I love it because of Edith Wharton, and you know me and Literary names. BUT I am also head over heels about Jude Deveraux, and she invented a fictional town, the name of which I prefer to Edith: 

Edilean. 

I just totally dig it. Can't explain why. Probably the romance and books and everything. But if I were to use an Ed- name, it would likely be Edilean. 

la_bella_vita
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I dislike all but if I had to pick one, I would pick Baron

mj.bullion
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I don't really like any of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)