Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

change it to what??

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 214 Total Views
We are 30 days from delivery with the perfect name picked. But now df wants to ask how I feel about a different name. I don't really like it but I want some opinions...

The name is Andromeda.
Thoughts??
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2HayTay
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM
It's unique. What is the one you had picked out?
MaturingMommy
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Casideigh

Quoting Mom2HayTay:

It's unique. What is the one you had picked out?

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on May. 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I like Andromeda--lots of good nicknames options, historical pedigree, uncommon but recognizable...it is a good one. 

The only downside I could foresee is that is a bit of a mouthful; four syllables is not unheard of (Alexandra, Adrianna, Gabriella, etc), but Andromeda is loaded down with a ton of consonants which makes it seem bulkier, KWIM??

Overall, I like it. (plus, you could call her Andie, which is me!)

MaturingMommy
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
And he wants it spelled Andraumeda. I just feel like it's too long and kinda bulky. He did say we could call her Andi lol

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

I like Andromeda--lots of good nicknames options, historical pedigree, uncommon but recognizable...it is a good one. 

The only downside I could foresee is that is a bit of a mouthful; four syllables is not unheard of (Alexandra, Adrianna, Gabriella, etc), but Andromeda is loaded down with a ton of consonants which makes it seem bulkier, KWIM??

Overall, I like it. (plus, you could call her Andie, which is me!)

Cruz-s-mommy
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I hate it. I went to school with an Andromeda, everyone called her Annie, which I also dislike. Everyone made fun of her name. :-(
Cruz-s-mommy
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I like Casideigh (Cassidy) much better. :-) I do like the NN Andi though.
MaturingMommy
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM
See this was my concern. I feel like she would be made fun of, and while I love the movie Annie is never a name I would pick.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

I hate it. I went to school with an Andromeda, everyone called her Annie, which I also dislike. Everyone made fun of her name. :-(

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on May. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I think Casideigh looks better than Andraumeda--the spelling of the second would give people pause on how to pronounce it. 

Sweet of DF to offer suggestions though! Maybe he has some misgivings about Casideigh?

MaturingMommy
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
No, he says he has no problems with he name we have already. (And he shouldn't he picked it out lol) he just said he was at work and it just dropped in his head and he thought it was a really nice name.

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

I think Casideigh looks better than Andraumeda--the spelling of the second would give people pause on how to pronounce it. 

Sweet of DF to offer suggestions though! Maybe he has some misgivings about Casideigh?

CarlyK23
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)