Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unique name spelling what do you think

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 139 Total Views

i have named my daughter a very common name but i spelled it so differently that no one has ever seen it well at least i have not met anyone who has. my daughters name is XOIE pronounced zoey

i'm just curious as to what you guys think. my family hated it cause no one knew how to say it and they think its a terrible thing to do to my child when it comes to school time.

when you pick out unique names for your baby do you think about how others will say it or make fun of your child?

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cruz-s-mommy
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:39 AM
To each their own, I prefer traditional spellings.

Xoie is a little confusing, but knowing how her named is pronounced beforehand makes it not that big of a deal and people get used to it
Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM

The only thing that I've come across with  my son's name (which is Wolf / Wolfgang, pretty simple to pronounce unless you want people to use the German pronunciation, which I don't care about) is the spelling of Wolf or Wolfie.

Most people spell it Wolfe or Wolfy after hearing it (some even after seeing how I spell it!) and I'm not sure if it should bug me or not lol.

It's a nickname so it's not an official spelling, but it's just how I pictured it...

When I saw Xoie I immediately thought, "zoe" so whatever. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)