Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite unusual name that you would *actually* use in real life?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

What unusual names would you use in real life? I'm really liking Roselda for a girl.

Angel Babies: Dec 2013 named Robin Lee (gender unknown)  and May 2014 named Skyler Cherokee (gender unknown), Fur babies: Onyx (cat), Tigger (cat), Clara (dog)

Love is Friendship caught on Fire
wedding tickers

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I love Roselda! 

Somewhat weird names I would actually use: Persephone (g), Legend (b), Fable (g), Sable (g), Ronin (b), Cable (b), Bishop (b), and Bethesda (g). 

And yet, I think Genesis, Nevaeh, and Trinity are way too "out there" for me, lol. Does Emerald count for this list? Because I actually totally used that one.

shadowspirit07
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Emerald counts, I don't know any people named Emerald. I love Legend and Fable, but DH said no to those, LOL. He doesn't really like word names.

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

I love Roselda! 

Somewhat weird names I would actually use: Persephone (g), Legend (b), Fable (g), Sable (g), Ronin (b), Cable (b), Bishop (b), and Bethesda (g). 

And yet, I think Genesis, Nevaeh, and Trinity are way too "out there" for me, lol. Does Emerald count for this list? Because I actually totally used that one.

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:39 AM

B:

Huckleberry

Havlock

Cadwr

G:

Erdemond

Soldis

Goleudydd / Goleydith

Millions more lol.

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

DAMMIT! (sorry, this is off topic, op) I just got a beautiful black cat and I named her Sybil. I have always loved that name and I associate it with dark, magical things. It means prophetess. (my mom was surprised I chose such a normal "boring" name haha)

But now I'm realizing maybe this whole time I've been absent-mindedly mixing it up with SABLE. (not the WHOLE time, but since I've been deciding on a cat name)

I totally forgot about the name Sable even though I used to love it.

Now I feel dumb about changing her name. lol. Darn....

My son wanted Gilbert but she's a girl so we named her Sybil Sage Gilbertina lol

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I have an Aunt named Huckleberry :) We call her Aunt Huck. 

Love Havlock--it is so....old pirate ship! 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

B:

Huckleberry

Havlock

Cadwr

G:Erdemond

Soldis

Goleudydd / GoleydithMillions more lol.

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I like Sybill :) And not totally off topic. 

Honestly, I looked at comic books for names because my husband and I have bonded over them; I love the character Silver Sable, and I thought Sable is the perfect decadent little girl name--it fits with Emerald because it has that soft, luxurious feel. 

(aside: Benjamin Reilly--100% a comic book name, lol.)

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

DAMMIT! (sorry, this is off topic, op) I just got a beautiful black cat and I named her Sybil. I have always loved that name and I associate it with dark, magical things. It means prophetess. (my mom was surprised I chose such a normal "boring" name haha)

But now I'm realizing maybe this whole time I've been absent-mindedly mixing it up with SABLE. (not the WHOLE time, but since I've been deciding on a cat name)I totally forgot about the name Sable even though I used to love it.

Now I feel dumb about changing her name. lol. Darn....My son wanted Gilbert but she's a girl so we named her Sybil Sage Gilbertina lol

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Wow, Aunt Huck? That is so cool!

I adore Havlock but you're the first person who has agreed with me haha. Pirate ship, indeed. You get it.

I love Hemlock too but that's a bit too sinister sounding.lol

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

I have an Aunt named Huckleberry :) We call her Aunt Huck. 

Love Havlock--it is so....old pirate ship! 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

B:

Huckleberry

Havlock

Cadwr

G:Erdemond

Soldis

Goleudydd / GoleydithMillions more lol.

shadowspirit07
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I love all these unique names. Sable is a good name, Aunt Huck is very interesting, Havlock and Hemlock sound beautifully old-fashioned

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN