Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Middle Name Help!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 2:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 335 Total Views

I am pregnant with baby boy #2.  Baby #1 is named Finnegan Eric, but we call him Iggy for short.  Baby #2's first name is going to be Huckleberry-unusual, but hey we're going with a literary theme with the kid's names... and are going to/already call him Huck.  The original name we had in mind for him was Lawrence Huckleberry.  But I've since decided I don't like Lawrence (I don't want him to be called Larry!), and it seems silly to me to have his middle name be what we plan on calling him.  So I want the first name to be Huckleberry.  But don't know what to do for a middle name... HELP!!  The last name will be Peterson.

by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
love45a
by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM
maybe huckleberry lynn kinda sounds good but its kinda girly
how bout huckleberry wayne. thats a hard one, but hang in there youll find the perfect one it might come to you in a dream.as silly as that sounds.
ky6779
by on Apr. 16, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Lets see... literary...

Dante
Emerson
Blake
Carver
Cooper
Twain
Hemingway
Thurber
Yeats

ky6779
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 2:04 PM
Any updates?? 
iggy_bear
by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 7:00 PM

We're (which means to say I) am still working on it... my husband thinks since we settled on a name that I've grown to dislike that he doesn't have to help, men, though he did say he liked Louis...  but I don't know... Lou Peterson sounds like a used car salesman to me!  I know I'm being SUPER picky, but it is the kid's name!
I'm kind of leaning towards something more traditional for the middle name because Huckleberry is so out there... unfortunately our grandparents/fathers offer some rather slim pickings...  Howard, George, Grove, Ernest, Leo, Leslie, Michael, Raymond, and Grady... none of which I'm very crazy about...  I just don't know...

mum2twingirls
by on Apr. 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM
Huckleberry Lee
 Huckleberry Lawrence (I have to uncles named Lawrence and they go by either Lawrie or LawLaw)

GOOD LUCK

Colleen

mommy to

Rhiannon Nora & Carys Ann (6/9/06) and Bridget Mary (due to arrive 8/28/08)

my twins have taught me 2 things, 1) I don't know anything and 2) I can do anything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)