Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter...

Posted by on May. 14, 2008 at 1:39 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 320 Total Views
I had the honor of knowing my great-grandmother. She passed away last year when I was 25. My great-grandfather (her husband) passed away a couple years ago as well. She was 96 when she passed. They were such an important part in my life, so is my Dad (he is dying of AIDS). I wanted so badly to  have their memory live on. My Nannie's (my great-gandmother) name was Dora and my Dad's name is Gene. So when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, my first child, I named her Doragene Grace. My Nannie got to know her well before she passed. I remember when my Nannie was on her death bed, I took my daughter in to see her. Her organs were shutting down and she couldn't speak, but when my Nanie saw Doragene her eyes lit up. She lifted up her arm and started playing with my daughter. I think she was trying to tickle her. Doragene just smiled away. I will never forget that moment.

It was because of my Papa's (my great-grandfather, Cobert) perserverance that all of my family will meet again in Heaven. We are all Christians. In his honor, my son, is named after him and my husband's father. Michael Cobert.
We have given our children strong names. And we will make sure they will know the people who's names they carry. Family is important. And just because a family member dies doesn't mean their memory should die to.
Amber
by on May. 14, 2008 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Jun. 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM
I think your children's names are wonderful, and have a beautiful story behind them. :) very unique. I like 'em (especially Doragene. That is absurdly cute!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)