Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! Pregnant with 3rd & Trying to keep it Unique!

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 678 Total Views

OK, so I'm currently Pregnant with my 3rd child... it's a boy.
We are having a very hard time deciding what to name this one so I hoped that you unique namers could give me some suggestions.

I currently have 2 other children, Dexter Orion Worthy & Truly Aeris Worthy.

Dexter Orion- We choose his first name... well, I'd rather not mention how we got it. But his middle name is after my favorite constellation, it also means "Son of Fire" & since my husband & I are a Leo & Aries (both Fire Signs) we thought it would be fitting.

Truly Aeris- We choose her first name because I think the name Truly Worthy is just awesome. Plus, we were hoping that it might keep her from getting married at a very early age, lol. My husband choose the middle name Aeris (pronounced Air-is) after a character from the video game Final Fantasy VII. It's meaning is Japanese for Air & Earth.

Unborn- We had decided that before I got pregnant that if I had another boy we would name him Lucian/Lucien Trust Worthy.
One day my husband comes home & throws the name "Izzy" at me (Izzy Trust Worthy/Izzy Worthy) & now my world is in shambles. I wasn't too sure about the name Izzy at first, but then once it started to grow on me my husband decides that we should save that name for when/if we have a 4th child. But now that I know he's not entirely happy with Lucian/Lucien, we started looking for other options.

Current Possibilities:
Lucian/Lucien - it's still a possibility but it is not as set in stone as it was before.
Bastian - Originally the name on the list was Sebastian. But after Dexter & I mentioned to my husband that this was also the name of the spunky little crab from the Little Mermaid, he immediately didn't like it anymore. But he does like the shortened version of Bastian. Personally, I like it, but I think it sounds too much like Bastard.
Vash- This one is Dexter's personal favorite. It comes from the Character Vash the Stampede from the animated show Trigun. He is a character who stands for "Truth, Peace & the elusive Mayfly known as Love".

Things to Consider:
Trust - Though we are unsure about the first name, we are 99% sure the middle name will be Trust.
Unique - It probably goes without saying that we are looking for something Unique.
-Er- My husbands name is Walter & my son's name is Dexter so I would like to stay away from names that end with -er.
Syllables- This maybe a little extreme but I would like a mane that has atleast 2 or more syllables. I think that since his middle name just has one syllable, a one syllable first name would sound strange.
Elements- Since our other childrens name contain meanings about elements: Fire, Air, Earth. I'd like something that also contains a meaning about an element, like Water or something. But this is not a must.
Animation- After Dexter was born the show "Dexter's Lab" became very popular & Aeris comes from a video game. We are also very into animation & would prefer to watch that above anything else, so a name that came from an animated show or a video game would be nice. But this is not a must.
First Letter- I don't really want a name that starts with a letter that one of the family members already has, this rules out T,E,W,D. Though I suppose since I don't say my name too much "E" might still be a possibility. But I know that if we name him something that starts with one of the other letters I'll be doing a roll call when I try to say his name, lol.

Alright, so I guess it's obvious I've put a lot of thought into this already & I still can't come up with something we are all happy with. So, if anyone out there has any suggestions of names or where I might could find some, it would be most appreciated.
Thanks!!!!

by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Thorsmom
by on Jul. 4, 2007 at 5:15 PM
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE IT ALL THOUGHT OUT!! ALOT OF UNIQUE NAMES!!!  IZZY TRUST WORTHY SOUNDS LIKE... IS HE TRUST WORTHY, PRETTY NEAT. I LIKE THE ONE DEXTER LIKES IT IS DIFFERENT AND I LIKE THAT. GOOD LUCK!
NiamhWitch
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 2:56 PM
I agree with the first reply... Izzy Trust Worthy sounds like "Is He Trust Worthy?"  And I don't know if thats such a good thing, lol.

I am doing a google search for cartoon character names... one I came across MAY be your style... Felix (from Felix the cat).  I think Felix Trust Worthy, Felix Worthy, is very cool.

________________________~*~siggy~*~__________________________

IPB Image
Niamh's MySpace~*~Niamh's Journal~*~Niamh's Photos

IPB Image

strwbreshrtck
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 2:27 AM
I like the "izzy" option!  Too cute! I love the whole name thing, mine are Coral Ilene NOT Carol Irene! Khaymen Reid( my ex wanted to change our last name b/c he and his father had a falling out) My oor baby would have been Khaymen Reid Wright! "  I talked him out of it thankfully! Julian Cain is my next. Didn't know that was the main character's name in "American Gigolo" ! I bet my ex did! My baby boy is Jaden Ryan Michael. I loved it until EVERYONE started naming their lil girls JAYDEN! He's 9. I had it 1st! Yeah, I had it days before Will Smith, too! Thanks alot Will! lol  So, good luck!
blndbabe2005
by on Mar. 6, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Anastasia Marie Arabella Addison Ariel Aurora Just a few of my favorite.
asianmyss
by on Mar. 11, 2008 at 12:13 PM

I'm good at this, give me a few days  & see what I can come up with ! 

EricaW
by on Mar. 29, 2008 at 8:05 PM
Well, thanks but actually he was born 6 months ago, lol.
We ended up naming him Lynk. Well Lynken Trust actually. He's super cute!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)