Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lynk, Lucien, Elijah???

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 4:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 360 Total Views

Poll

Question: Which Name should we Choose?

Options:

Lynk Trust

Lynken Trust

Lucian Trust

Lucien Trust

Elijah Trust

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Alright, some of you may have read my earlier post about trying to figure out a name for my son due in September. We have narrowed it down to 3 & I really want everyone's opinion!!!
This is why we choose these 3:
We curently have 2 other children; Dexter Orion & Truly Aeris. Orion means "son of fire" & Aeris is a japanese word meaning "air & earth". When I realized that we had unknowingly named our kids likes this I immediately started searching for a boy name that contained the last element...water. This was not an easy search.

Lynk (Lynken) - Means From the Place Near the Pool/Lake Settlement. This one obviously contains the water element, but if we named him this we would name him "Lynken Trust" but call him Lynk. The only reason for this is because I think that a two syllable name in front of the middle name "Trust" sounds better than Lynk Trust.

Lucien/Lucian - Means Light. Now this obviously doesn't have the water element but it is a name that I have always liked & it was the name of my Grandfather.

Elijah - Means My God is Lord. But Elijah is also the name of the Patron Saint of Water. We aren't Catholic, but I have been desperate to find a cool name that was associated with water so that's how I came across it. My husband isn't particular fond of this one because it reminds him of Elijah Wood & our last name also begins with the letters "Wo". But I think he could get past this.

So tell me... what do you think?
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lovinallofthem
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 3:39 AM
well, if you are asking for "personal" opinions, i am really diggin Lynk(lynken)  its truly different and yet, there is a story, love those names!  My oldest son had to ask me why named him Joshua for a report and i had to tell him i knew his name when i was 17 and U2's Joshua Tree came out! its my most favorite U2 album.  of course, as i got olderHad my son Josh at 27) and then wanted to baptize my son, it was also a good strong Christian name**thats what i told my grandma anyhow**  his name still makes me think if IN GODS COUNTRY. . . . at least 3 times a day! :)
anyhow, Lynken is an awesome name!
Dana0407
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 2:38 PM
lynken in cute
mum2twingirls
by on Jul. 19, 2008 at 8:53 AM
Lynken Trust GMV ... love the reason behind it and it goes GREAT with your older babes

one of my favorite boy names is Lachlan (lock-lan) meaning from the Loch (Lake)

GOOD LUCK

Colleen mommy to  

Rhiannon Nora & Carys Ann (6/9/06) and Bridget Mary (due to arrive 8/28/08)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)