• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my boy and girl names tell me what you think!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

for a boy Cona James-C.J

For a girl Novalie Susan

Novalie Pearl

Can't decide on the girl name!

My name is Elyshba Susan and i hated my mom for the longest time because of it but now i love it so i dont want my kids to not like their names but i want their names to be different!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on May. 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I really like them--I have never heard the name Cona before, wherever did you get the idea for it? Its really beautiful.

As for your little girl's name, I am partial to Novalie Susan--you rarely ever see Susan any more, even though it is incredibly charming.

Congrats on the baby!!

linzybindi
by on Jun. 6, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I like the name Nova but I'm not really crazy about the "lie" at the end of it. Only because there are so many names that end in that sound right now that are very popular or are getting very popular. All the Kylie, Miley, Bailey, Hailey, Ashlie, Emily, Finley, Ellie, Hallie, Kallie...the list goes on. I really just like it as Nova. I also found a few variations of this name. The meaning of Nova is also really cute.

Novella
Novelle
Novea
Novia

I think one of these would be a nice change. I like her middle name.

I looked up the name Cona and it means Cone in Italian. Is there some other meaning for this name? That is something I always think about when choosing a name for my little one.

jdbaker22
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I love Novalie I think its beautiful but I don't like Cona.

bridgetm
by on Jul. 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM

i actually love all of them! they are really different and super cute! I like Novalie Pearl better than Susan

mum2twingirls
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Cona James ... I like it

I like Novalie Pearl over Novalie Susan ...

I thought of Novalie Lily to honor your name as well (Susan means Lily)  

Colleen, Mommy to

Rhiannon & Carys (6/9/06) & Bridget (8/20/08)

Jabboo
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Cona just sounds like how an Italian would say cone, so I think that wouldn't help in terms of the tease factor.

Also, it seems too short, too incomplete.

What about Conall/Connal? It's Irish or Scotish for strong wolf, and it's different.

Or what about these:

Cordell

Cordero

I like Novalie Pearl, I think it has a nicer flow than with Susan. I think I would spell it differently though. Like either Novali, or Novaley.

I gave my son a name I created because I grew up with a popular name. So good luck, hope you decide on names that you love and that your children would love. :)

Lapis_Lazuli
by Andie- Head Admin on Jul. 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Cona is so sweet! And I like Novalie Susan--it has old school charm!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)