Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share your baby name story!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a story behind your little ones name?  Maybe a fun story about how you and daddy picked the name?  Share your baby name stories here!

by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 9:36 AM
Replies (61-70):
Kory0612
by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 1:02 AM

My first Piper Lynn we picked her name as soon as we found out she was a girl. My husband came up with Piper and I loved it and Lynn is my mom's middle name.

Our second daughter Ramzie Elizabeth was ALOT harder. We couldn't come up with a name for anything. She actually wasn't named until 2 days after she was born. About a week before I had her my uncle came over and said he saw the name Ramsey on a sign on his way home and wanted to know if we liked it. At first I was like no way, and then I couldn't get it out of my head. We ended up changing the spelling and Elizabeth was always going to be the middle name (that's my middle name)

Our 3rd and first son is Kannon Michael. We were searching through baby name books and I saw the name Canyon and I liked it but I thought the Y made it look feminine we talked about it and I said what if we take the Y out and have Cannon. My husband LOVED it. We used the K because my name is Kory and we have a lot of K names in the family. Michael is my husbands  first name.

Our 4th baby and 2nd boy was a very hard name. We were going to name him Ryker, then Keaton and when he was born he ended up in the NICU for 8 days for breathing issues. I was so upset and didn't think he looked like either of those names. My husband said he wanted a Z name and when he was 3 days old and not getting any better we decided on Zane Robert. Robert after my dad. I really wish we would have gone with Keaton but I am so in love with all 4 of my babies names!

AthenasMommy88
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

We read a book about Merlin and were both playing through Rise of the Argonauts (which both mention Athena) when I was pregnant... Hubby was also playing through Gears of War with Dom and thus we picked Dominique for our boys name...

tnopatoMomma
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 3:05 PM

To start, I have 2 babies and a third on the way. My oldest is a girl, she turns 3 tomorrow. I've always loved the name Tianna, so it wasn't hard to choose. Her middle name is Nikole, i got that from her dad Nick. My second child Is a boy, turning 2 on the 19th. We flopped around with names a bit and landed on Preston Azail Todd(i know i cursed him with two middle names). Daddy chose Preston Azail, but i refused to budge on the Todd because it was my Grandmothers maiden name and she was the last.

Now we are expecting a little girl in 20 weeks and 1 day. A thanksgiving day baby. We are stuck for names.

JaxsonsMama7
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM

WHEN MY FIANCE AND I FOUND OUT THAT WE WHERE PERGNANT AGAIN, WE DECIDED ON THE NAME'S RIGHT AWAY. WE SAID IF WE HAD A BOY IT WOULD BE JAXSON JOSEF. MY MOM HELPED US PICK OUT THE NAME AND MY FIANCE DECIDED ON THE SPELLING AND HIS MIDDLE NAME IS THE SAME AS MY DADS MIDDLE NAME. AND IF WE WOULD HAVE HAD A GIRL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN KINLEY SAFFRON. MY FIANCE CHOOSE KINLEY IN THE BABY BOOK AND I CHOOSE SAFFRON BECAUSE ITS MY FAVORITE FLOWER.

MommyWeston
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Our kids don't really have a story behind their names, we just chose names both my DH and I loved. Though the meanings of our youngest daughter and youngest son's names helped us choose their names when we couldn't decide between 2 names for both of them. My DD's name is Hannah and it means Grace Of God, DS's name is Dante and it means Lasting, I loved the meanings so that is how we decided on their names.

xsbnix
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Our first son his name is Noah Ryan. Me and DH were laying in bed and I said i liked the name Noah..he was all for it because it was biblical but that wasnt my reason for wanting it haha mommmy was just obsessed with the movie The Notebook and I loved the main characters so I named my son Noah after Noah in the movie. It came time to give him a middle name  and i thought omg i love the guy that plays noah so why not Ryan!! haha and to my DH he thinks it is bc his best friends name is ryan! so we both win haha

our second little boy I just loved the name Isaiah and since it was another biblical name DH was all for it and loved that both of our kids would have names like that. but isaiah as two days old and we were in the hospital still and couldnt think of a middle name that we both agreed on... DH came in from work one night to visit and said what about Matthew? and i had to say it over and over ..Isaiah Matthew, Isaiah Matthew.. and it was perfect!!

Now we are on baby number 3 and the final one!! We are really hoping for a girl this time but if its a boy that will be awesome tooo!!

Girl we are going to name her Aurelia, which means golden.. and middle name Liana, which means god answers prayers. in the hopes of getting a little girl he answered ours.

have found a boys name yet.. we thought of Jonah to keep with the biblical names for the boys..

so we shall see in a few months what we will be having!! yay! :]

Blueliner
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Congrats! I love the name Aurelia!

Quoting xsbnix:

Now we are on baby number 3 and the final one!! We are really hoping for a girl this time but if its a boy that will be awesome tooo!!

Girl we are going to name her Aurelia, which means golden.. and middle name Liana, which means god answers prayers. in the hopes of getting a little girl he answered ours.

have found a boys name yet.. we thought of Jonah to keep with the biblical names for the boys..

so we shall see in a few months what we will be having!! yay! :]

Blueliner
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

DD's first name is just an uncommon but not too "out there" name that we both liked. Her middle name is a feminine version of my grandfather's middle name, he passed away 2 months before she was born :(

We had a really hard time coming up with a name for DS, I think boys names are much harder than girls! Once again, I wanted something uncommon but not too "out there" which seems more difficult for a boy. Anyway... after months we found a name we both liked... the more we thought about it and said it the more we loved it... Now I love the name so much I don't know how we would ever come up with an equally perfect name if we ever had another boy! (Not that we're planning on anymore anyway, just saying) Anyway, his middle name is after DH's grandfather that passed away about a year before DS was born.

Blue_Spiral
by Kaela on Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Wow, I didn't see my story in here. I'm shocked I didn't put it in lol.

My (crazy ex) husband and I agreed on HESPERA THYME for a girl, but then the U/S said it was a boy.

My favorite boy name was CADWR and he hated it. He wanted JOHNATHON JR. or Steven or some crap that made me vomit in my mouth lol.

So, we both agreed on JACK DRACON because I liked it, but it was boring enough to suit him. I wanted something slightly more interesting, so we were toying with JACKSON or JACKLAND or something.

Then, we were in the theater and on the credits we saw the name WOLF. I said I liked it and he said he liked it a lot too. I said, "what about the German name WOLFGANG?" and he loved it. 

He had named a pet lizard CATCH (lol - i know) and suggested that for a middle name. I thought it was interesting, and my mom loved it, so we went with it. 

(there's actually more to the story of the middle name. I liked it if it could be CATCHER after the book The Catcher in the Rye, but Wolfgang Catcher sounded like someone who catches gangs of wolves, so that was out. So I still went with the middle name because it still can be for the book)

I now regret the middle name, although I like the middle initial C. But I wish I'd gone with 

WOLFGANG DECEMBER

But, instead he is

WOLFGANG CATCH B.

tatoo_mommy
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM

My fiance and I are TTC and we have been having alot of debate about names. And one day I was looking at tattooed mommies on another site and one woman's son's name was Sailor. I fell in love. So either way, if we have a boy or girl his/her name will be Sailor. If it's a girl, Sailor Rhynn and if it's a boy, Sailor Landon. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN